Aa
A
A
Close
is pain under left armpit and upper chest related to anxiety
Hi my name is Nadia 26 years old from montreal, I have experienced anxiety and panic attacks where I went to the emergency didnt know what was going on did various exams and scans and told me that it was a panic attack and prescribed me ativan. Its been a couple times that Ive been feeling some pain in my left arm pit upper chest.....can it be stress related or anxiety?????I know they told me its not my heart but  im scared just want to reasure myself that someone has felt the same symptoms..

thank you!
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Even with anxiety, whenever a new symptom appears it's always best to see your doctor to rule out other causes first.  This also gives you peace of mind which eases your anxiety.  Take care.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
757137 tn?1347200053
I doubt that stress could cause that kind of pain. Could it be caused by a pulled muscle? As for the panic attacks, these are often physical, not psychological, in nature. Mine were cause by high cortisol (produced by the adrenal glands). Have yourself a thorough physical checkup with emphasis on finding the cause of your panic attacks. And ask about the pain you are having.
Comment
Cancel
757137 tn?1347200053
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I often experience these same pains and they are like between the breast and armpit.  I also notice they get worse during PMS.  I also suffer from panic attacks.  This also increases during PMS.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
Blank
Txmom61 added the Anxiety/Panic Tracker
25 mins ago
Blank
Txmom61 is ...feeling anxious and sad. Comment
28 mins ago
1107684 tn?1448832030