iv smoked from about 4 years
i have smoked marijuana for about 4 uears and i have had anxiety problems almost all my life the marijuana used to help me calm down and be ok with no anxiety just untell 3 weeks ago when i started to get really bad anxiety attaks from smoking im not sure what i should do i love to smoke but i cant so i have stoped. anyone know what i can do
You answered your own question. Stop smoking the weed. It is bringing on the panic attacks. Knock it on the head. Maybe in time, when things pick up, you can try it again if you really must. Not something I am into at all. But each to their own. But for now it is giving you the attacks. Which you don't need.
I am 42 years old, married to a wonderful wife and great kids. I have my own business and have been smoking pot for the past 6 years. I would only take a small toke in the mornings, noons and right before I go to bed. It was awesome. Everything tasted good, the movies i watched where more interesting . I had good thoughts on how to improve my business. Smoking pot was great. I loved everthing about it .. Then about 2 years ago , the economy tanked and my stress levels went through the roof. I  kept smoking thinking that it will help. However as the months went by the stress turned in to anxiety and the more i smoked the worse it got. Until one day, I decided to smoke again and then I was "Hit with Deppression" .. I did not know I was ever depressed. My mood was all of a sudden .. down .. grey skys etc. Nothing was making me happy , I was not feeling good about my self. I was used to the highs from the pot and was no longer getting that good old "yeah" feeling any more.
.. So then I decided to go see the Psyc who perscribed me Cymbalta. I took it for a day and had the worst day of my life. I told the Doc the Cymbalta was way to strong as I was freaking out on it . He then prescribed Lexapro and for 6 weeks it was horrible. I had no sex drive and no appetite, bascially I was a zombie . So the SSRIs did not do much . Then my Doc perscribed Rameron also known as Mirtazapine. I took 7.5 Mill of that to start with and tried to up my does after 2-3 weeks. However as I upped my does to 15 Milligrams I was in realy bad shape. The depression got worse and feeling of "s" word where there. So I said screw it and decided to wean my self off the drugs completely . I am still on this Mirtazapine ( 1 milligram every 2 days ) to help me get some sleep, otherwise I & toss and turn and don't really get a good nights rest. Now atleast without  the the meds, I feel that I have a connection with the world and then my brain is not in some many different directions. I tried to smoke the weed to help with the depression , but it only makes it worse. So now I have been just completely off the jane and just working out daily for 1 hour per day for 5 days aweek. I am getting 7 hours of sleep and eating better. I can only say I feel a whole lot better than before. I know some peope who are depressed and can't get out of bed . For me in the mornings  I have weird confusing dreams that don't agree with me causing me to jump out of bed to shake of the nasty morning feeling. I get some breakfast and I feel better. For me depression is not having that "high" buzz feeling any more. You almost feel empty with out it . Sundays used to be good smoking days , but now they are filled with grey skyes. So i just try to ignore it if I am doing other things, buts its still there . Any one have the same feelings that I am going thru ?  I am hoping this will pass with time.
I've said this before, and here it is again.  Marijuana tends to intensify whatever you're feeling, so if you're sad, you'll get sadder, and if you're anxious, you'll get more anxious.  This isn't universally true, few things are, but it is common.  It happened to me.  The one good thing is it's very easy to quit; it can be a habit, but it's not addictive.  It's like anything else; if it stops serving your best interests, remove it from your life.