Anxiety Community
klonopin .05 twice daily

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

klonopin .05 twice daily

just started klonopin .05 twice daily on wednesday, making me extremly tired. does this go away within a few weeks? does my body need to just get used to it?
Klonopin is a tranquelizer and I was put on it temporarily to help me sleep.... it is also a narcotic, be careful in using this. I would cut the tablet in half and see if that can help with your anxiety and not put you to sleep. Your body may need to adjust but it is going to be a while. I would only take Klonopin as needed.
i thought it was a benzo...not a narcotic?? and i would love to not take them but my physc. put me on them because i cant function. my paxil ive been on for 10yrs seems to no longer work. ive tried xanax and ativan they worked for a few hrs then the panic would kick back in. it is a 1mg tab that i already do cut in half
You have been given clonazapan for a reason. Your doctor knows your history and has prescribed this med as it stays in body for longer time than xanax.

I take the same dose you are taking; tho' not always twice a day; can take less at night if doing well.  As my life is fraught with pain and anxiety right now, I am not going to foolishly see if I can do with 1/2 tab.  No payoff in playing Superwoman.

I don't know what the difference is in a 'benzo' and a narcotic. I see the benzo word used frequently; a shorthand for longer term.  I advise you to focus on functioning ...not detailed descriptions of meds.  It won't help you, and may cause more anxiety.  The last thing you need.

Last night my family wanted to take me out to eat: a typically stressful social situation for me. We have had a family tragedy; my ex-husband shot and killed one of my sons two weeks ago, so family are keeping me in their sights.

When my daughter picked me up I was ok, but she said 'Mom, we don't want a repeat of last Saturday".  So I pinched off 1/4 a 1 mg tab.  Last Saturday, without clonazapan, following memorial service for my son, I passed out and had to be taken to ER.  This drama could have been prevented if I had just taken my medicine.    

So, bottom line: what will it take for you to function?  That is all that matters.   Good luck.  Keep posting.
Wow sorry about your son, no wonder you have high anxiety. I have klonopin here but i cant bring mysefl to take it, it freaks me out. What if i am worse and act all crazy on it, or get depressed.
Klonopin is a benzo, not a narcotic or a tranquilizer.  It is not a sleep aid, though it is often prescribed for that because it does help with anxiety and that can help some people sleep, and also because docs aren't the smartest folks, but benzos can also interfere with restful sleep so it's an individual situation.  Whether the tiredness will wear off is up to each individual, but it probably will.  I was never made tired by it, so it just goes to show, we're each going to have our own individual experiences.
thanx for the responses. yes my physc started me on .05 twice daily, and she said after a week we might have to increase. but im hoping all ill need is that .05 twice a day.
It certainly makes me tired at times.

If it works well, stick with it though. It's helped me a lot, even if it's not perfect.

I rarely take a nightly dosage now. All the nightly dosage did was make me oversleep. If you don't find that you're needing it, talk to your doctor about just taking it in the morning, or just before when your peak anxiety time is.

The idea that it HAS to be taken twice a day, simply isn't true. While that may help those in dire need (possibly in order to counter act other meds), or who wake up in panic, there's simply no way of knowing what will be best for an individual until you're on it for a bit. In fact, the logic that it should be taken twice a day, in order to build up a steady state, would imply that it really should be take three times a day (which is prescribed as well), as you're still going to roller-coaster at twice a day.
I was on 0.5mg b.i.d. for 2 years.  Yes the first week or two I was pretty tired.  Either I got used to it, or it went away.  I'm not sure which.
good, i hope the tiredness goes away. but id rather be tired than in panic all day long. ive also been on paxil cr for about 10yrs, obv stopped working. going to try and make a switch....any suggestions??? i tried celexa, but had stopped the paxil cold turkey and just did the switch..and from meeting my physc last week she said no no..no wonder i couldnt handle it. im just curious what else i can take for severe anxiety. since all ive ever been taking is paxil
I think cutting your 1 mill into 4's to make it .5 might do the trick.also Its probably ok to only take it when you need it but I'd ask your doctor. And for the sleepiness that's pretty common maybe taking your normal dosage at night might help. It seams to stay in the system for a awhile so you wouldn't have to take it as much in the daytime. Good luck. I still get sleepy after years of taking it and I cope by trying to stay busy cause if I hit the couch I'm out.
saw physc today. says my body needs to get used it thats why im tired all the time. doesnt wanna change my dosage but says if im more anxious at bedtime to take a 1mg pill and then .05mg in the morning
TinaR10 commented on Shannon79's status
46 mins ago
1113 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
1 hr ago
ashler1977 commented on Salivary gland disord...