Anxiety Community
klonopin alone? need some info!

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

klonopin alone? need some info!

hey everyone.
i was wondering if anyone takes only klonopin for anxiety. my doc has tried to put me on a few different things along with the klonopin but they make me feel terrible so i want to just start taking only klonopin. is that okay?
i take .25 in the morning and .25 at night. should i move up in dosage if im still feeling anxious? what side effects has everyone experienced? i would really love some opinions! thanks so much :)
i take klonopin alone. i'm fine with it. i was comepletely homebound with agoraphobia and now i'm back to work, church, martial arts and some other stuff. i'm not 1000% just yet but am working towards it with excercise, CBT, spirituality, eating right etc.

with klonopin it's best taken 2x's daily, 12 hours apart, the target dosage for panic disorder is 1mg a day or .5mg twice a day. some people need more some less. i'm on .5mg 3x's a day. it does help alot. but use meds as a tool not a crutch..

hope this helps.

p.s. NO side effects, besides being a little tired for a few days when i up my dosage. really safe med if used as prescribed.

God Bless

Jay
I was given Klonopin to take in conjunction with Paxil, just till the Paxil kicks in.  I try to take only .25mg of Klonopin in the morning, but even with taking the Paxil (until it kicks in), I find myself needing another .25mg in the afternoon.

As far as your dosage, I would of course call your Dr!  Also, call your pharmacist.  When my Dr gave me the Klonopin this past Saturday, he said it was "ok to take .5mg 3x a day, or as needed."  That sounded like a little too much for me, so I am starting off low.

Good luck to you hun.
thanks for the replies everyone. today is the 4th day that i have only been on klonopin & only klonopin. i havnt changed my dose at all but i've been so dizzy and have had such a bad headache. im coming off of lexapro but was only on it for a week, could that have something to do with the way im feeling or do you think it can be the klonopin? i've been on klonopin for 2 months and havnt felt this bad yet, but then again i was always on something else along with the klonopin :(
i dont know what to do!
Are you slowly tapering from Lexapro?  Sounds like possible withdrawal symptoms from the Lex.

I know how you feel, good luck to you on this journey.
no i just went cold turkey off the lex. I figured it wouldnt hurt since i was only on a very low dose for only a week.
Even with the low dosage it may that your body is now trying to adjust without.....have you googled Lexapro w/d symptoms?
I took Klonopin for four years after taking it for a year with Effexor.  I didn't like the insomnia I got from the Effexor.  Klonopin worked great for me.  I took 1 1/2 mg. per day. I recently started having problems with panic attacks and anxiety,again. Probably bilt a tolerance to Klonopin and needed a higher dose.  My new Dr. would not up the klonopin and even refused to keep me on it.  He hates Benzos and is going to wean me off.  My other Dr.(he moved) thought klonopin was an excellent choice for me and totally safe.  It definately works well.  Just hope your doc doen't leave you in the hands of another doc who changes everything.
I go to the doctor tomorrow and I'm already on ativan only when I feel an attack coming on but I do really like it its not helping. With your anxiety/panic does klonopin help for that? This is taking over my life I no longer drive its hard to go in public places.
mishymoshymarcy commented on mishymoshymarcy's status
CARBS!
5 hrs ago by gymdandee
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms