klonopin as a mood stabalizer
anyone heard of this. i take klonopin and it seems to help my mood swings and irritability as well as my the social aspect. so i was wondering if theis is valid or all in my head
Klonopin is a benzo that is prescribed for multiple reasons, but in this forum it is primarily used to help with anxiety, so I don't think this is all in your head at all.  It does calm you down and in my experience, can help with nervousness.
When taking Klonopin, ( I take .5 mg PRN) it calms your brain down.  So if you are calmer you don't "swing" as hard...So it very well could be a combination of the medication and your mind set! :-)
It's not in your head! it has the same affect on me as it does for you, now i was place on klonopin to help deal with panic attack, anxiety, agitation/mood swing and severe insomnia. needless to say it didn't work for any of those things except for my agitation and mood swing and i tood my psych doctor that. He said well that's good we got rid of one thing, now lets work on the others, so he put me on a celexa oh my god, i cried so much about everything and still had all my symptom except agitation, so he had me come in to see him immediatly too discuss what he thought maybe the problem or diagnosis, bipolar II; not so down but a little more hyper than others. So he put me on serequel. he thinks that the with the combination of the two klonopin and serequol i might obtain my life again!! This is all new to me also and i'm 32 a fulltime health care worker. Nursing and Psych major 1yr left at a private college. This should not be happing, but it is. I  take 2/2mg of klonopin at night and 2/2mg of klonopin in the morning i've been on it for 2 1/2 months, i started at 50mg of serequel it work for about 3 hours and then i was starring at the ceiling, so now i'm on 100mg of serequel. So far i still have all my problems except i sleep now and i'm not B%$#(@y. I'm seeing another psych just to make sure the first is correct. I suggest maybe you do the same. and seek therapy