klonopin or ativan
which one should i choose? do high doses TRULY work for anxiety? leave out the sideffects part cause i already know what those are.  
Why "high" doses?  If you're just starting on it you wouldn't start at a high dose anyway.

Ativan is more for the onset of PANIC than it is for generalized anxiety.  I'm on a LOW dose of ativan as needed and it works fine for me.

I have never tried these two but I do take xanax when I have problems
with anxiety and it works great for me.  Just my two cents worth

best wishes,
starr28
At the present time, I'm taking a low dose of ativan as needed, but because I find myself needing it more frequently, I will be starting Klonopin to replace the ativan.  It is my understand that if you need a benzo everyday, you are better off on Klonopin.  I would like to know if anyone has been on Klonopin at the same dose for many years and felt that they are content with how it has worked for them.  I posted that question but have not received any response as yet.  That could either be good news or bad.  Maybe all those who are long time users of Klonopin are so happy with their meds that they don't need a forum like this.  
scalamanga and barfer. read mystruggles post, he has much info on klonopin, and ask nate about ativan. from what i hear klonopin would be better. i agree with amish1979, why would you start on a high dose? i hope you just dont want to be buzzed all the time, you are young dude....i am not downplaying your anxiety problem, but your posts seem to be all over the place. i hope all works out for you.

kcdem
Thanks so much for your response.  I have read mystruggles posts and although I find them informative, I'd really like to hear from someone who has had a long time experience with it.  I've read some older postings on klonopin and frankly, it is starting to scare me a little.  I know there are no guarantees but, I definitely want to start taking this medication with a positive attitude.  I've had too many bad experiences in the past.    
I have very little experience with any meds inculding klonopin. I know that ryan thinks it is much better, and mystruggle has been on daily does for a while. i dont know of any med that will not scare you if you research them. for all i know they all suck and may be dangerous. i know that i had to do something.

I can also tell you that klonopin for me is clean and suttle. i have abused other ones in the past (many years ago) valium, lauroset, xanax. klonopin which i have only taken recently last few weeks and in hospital is much more suttle with out the xanax fog the next day. i dont know if that helps, i was taking more xanax on those crazy saturday nights in my late twenties compared to the 1/2 or 1 MG of klonopin i take now.

peace
kcdem
You're asking us? Do you actually have a choice? You'll receive plenty of good reports here on what was worked for some but not for others -but at the end of the day, this is a doctor question so please include his or her opinion in whatever you choose to do -and, good luck! We're glad you are here.