Anxiety Community
klonopin

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

klonopin

hello all i have a question about klonopin
i was prescribed .05 of klonopin with 40 mg of celexa. was prescribed klonopin .05 3 x's a day. i actully cut the o5 in half cause in catious of the addictive quality. my anxiety is hightened in the morning and wanted to start .05 in the morning instead of cutting it in half. does anyone think .05 is a high dose just in the morning? i see many people take even more than that
any input would be great!
thanks ,anthony
Hi Anthony.  Take your medication as prescribed, your doctor knows best.  It is addictive in any amount.  I take 1mg 3 times a day, but this is what my doctor feels I need and it does the job for me.  Anxiety is like any othe medical condition that requires medication daily, and it's best to follow your doctor's orders for best results.
Take care!
thank u! I just like peoples advice too cause sometimes i feel we have experience taking the drug a bit differently than doctors. mammo do u take anything else along with klonopin?
First the disclaimer. Tell you doctor and take their advice.

Now, my experience. This is the only drug I take that I can feel as light headedness and some euphoria. Because of that I was afraid of it. I changed my mind and am taking what has been prescribed on a daily basis and I am eperiencing fewer panic attacks and the general feeling of anxiety.
thanks! can tell me how many mg's a day and how many times a day? thanks alot for your input~
hi i just recently started taking Klonopin .05 and i also cut mine in half but its because im a stay at home mom and im afraid the full dose will knock me out.i would suggest taking it at night first to see how it will effect you thats what im gonna do.You dont want to take it in the morning and then be knocked out but every person is different too.let me know how it goes
hello babydoll
thanks for your input! i have been takin 05 klonopin in the mornig with my 40 mg celexa at the same time so i dont feel in taking 2 meds ;) it works great for me. i dont need anymore klonopin throughout the day!
i take it in the mornig cause that when my anxiety is at its peak!
keep in touch
Anthony
I am prescribed 1 mg klonopin 2 times a day.  I am cutting them in half so I can take 4 a day since my panic attacks are so back the past couple of weeks.  I am going back to my doctor to see if my meds need to be changed.  I put the pill under my tongue to it gets into my system faster or I think it is getting into my system faster.  
does it make you tired when you take it in the morning? i just started taking it and only take half a pill cause i dont know how strong it is,i just want to still beable to function thre out the day while taking it.
My prescription is same as erotoo.  Has been for years.  As the many, many antidepressants I've tried and retried cause unbearable side effects now (severe and constant diarrhea being the most serious), I have no choice.  The battle against anxiety goes on.  

No one likes taking a medication that is addictive (such a miserable term).  I break my tabs into fourths like erotoo.  My anxiety this past month has almost put me in ER, but with clonazapam handy, I've escaped the drama of passing out in car or in market or in social situations.   So....it helps.  We all want that magic pill that will help us shed the condition.  Never found one myself and I have been agoraphobic since 40s: now 75.  If I were younger, might take a more aggressive stance.

As far as I am concerned, taking a bit in am is good idea.  When I am going thru' a high anxiety episode, morning shaking is at its worse.  What is point is waiting?  Functioning is the goal. There will be days you won't wake shaking.  If you are rested may not benefit from early dose.

I usually stick to 1mg @ night, tho' it has never been a sleeping aid for me.  As to tiredness, yes, you may feel a bit of tiredness, but no so much that you can't carry on with what you need to do.  Everyone is different but this is my experience.

Best wishes.
hello It doesnt really make me tired when i take .05 in the morning. like i said i take it with my celexa and i seem fine. I do get sleepy early at night which is ok for me. i also only started meds 3 months ago for the first time. so its like a crap shoot i guess. we are all different. babydoll do u take an ssri also? .05 klonopin from what i hear is not a very high dose so i feel ok takin .05 a day.
anthony
thanks for ur reply,yes i also take Zoloft too. I think im gonna start taking a full pill i dont think the half one is doing much.I know everyone is different but thanks for the reply it makes me feel better when i know how other ppl are doing on it.
do u take the zoloft in the morning? if so i say take the klonopin with the zoloft at the same time so it will not let the anxiety build. worth a shot!
I feel so crappy since my EKG came back with a slight irregularity even though my CT Scan came back normal.  I still think I have a major heart problem which is making me feel like I can't take a deep breath.  The doctors in the ER said I was fine.  Why can't I believe them?  I want to go to a cardiologist to read the results of my tests and I want to go to my psych to review my meds and if I need to change.  I have also increased (on my own) 3 1mg klonopin per day.  I break them in half (to 0.5 mg), place it under my tongue and use it up to 6 x a day if necessary.
Meganann123 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
17 mins ago
penn1023 commented on I'm Back!
Alnan commented on Tramadol & Ultram...