Anxiety Community
learning about it
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

learning about it

i am so sick of feeling defeated by feelings (anxiety wtf) i was so outgoing ,had a great job, found out i had high thyroid and one of the side affects is anxiety, heart pallpitations, blurred vision ect. i was in shock i thought my life was over three years later still dealing with it. i now have anxiety if i am left alone to panic.i bought this attacking anxiety program on tape its a self help program but havent done it yet. still dealing with high or low thyroid which doesnt help. i have been out of work and seeking disability.is anyone out there getting disability for this disorder or just taking meds, or just trying to cope with it.
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
966217_tn?1274052693
Hi, yes I'm on SSI for Anxiety and agoraphobic tendicies. I've been off the meds. now for 1 1/2 mons. after depending on them for 15 yrs. I was taken of in the wrong way, but after getting through it I feel better than I have in years. You should give the attacking anxiety program a chance. Most of your anxiety is related to how you think about things and you need to retrain yourself to think amoung other things. I understand you also have the other illness to deal with. I also have an underlying illness but you can still learn to deal with it better. Best of luck.
Blank
1049259_tn?1295092078
i am with you on that!!! Lost my job in July, had to move from my own place, my ex had left me (but F' him hehe) I am dating the best man ever now but as of a month ago I  lost my first pregnancy so I have been having sever panic attacks since then!!!!!!!

I hope you get cured soon. noone wants to live with this stuff!!
Blank
i dont want to be dependent on meds they also have many side affects, i will try the program thanks for response
Blank
just taking one day at a time.they say it is normal to feel anxiety its your bodys way of protecting you from dangerous situations. and your body needs to learn to fight or flight. well i just want to be normal and not feel that all the time
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Recent Activity
Blank
mychronicbackpain commented on Why You Might Have A ...
47 mins ago
1712422_tn?1402008882
Blank
LovemyKids86 commented on photo
52 mins ago
1712422_tn?1402008882
Blank
LovemyKids86 commented on photo
52 mins ago
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Anxiety Tracker