Anxiety Community
lexapro and valium

A community of people with Anxiety offering support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

lexapro and valium

is it safe to take valium while on lexapro...ive just started lexapro and it seems that i a even more anxious, my doc gave it to me for anxiety, i do suffer from some depression but anxiety and panic attacks are my major problem...im already not liking this lexapro and its only ben 4 days.
Taking an SSRI (Lexapro) and a benzo (valium) is normal.  I was on a different SSRI and benzo together like you.  Furthermore, many people report that when starting an SSRI like Lexapro, it tends to make them feel a little more anxious or on edge.  In my experience when starting an SSRI, it did actually make me a little more anxious in the beginning while my body was getting used to it.  It typically also takes about four weeks or so for someone to start feeling the full benefit of this medication. So, what I urge with this is patience.  I was EXTREMELY against medications in the beginning but I am now a big proponent of taking medication COMBINED with talk therapy.  Only by learning about the anxiety/panic cycle can one break through it.  Knowledge about this condition is power and through this understanding you can actually thrive with this.

I know it is kind of like a double edged sword; initially feeling more anxious while starting this medication, but in my opinion it can help tremendously if you 'stick it out' in the beginning.  Having said that, if you are uncomfortable with it, continue to express your concerns with your doctor and pharmacist about this and feel free to ask as many questions as you like.
thank you so much for the reply...i understand what you're saying.....and im definately going to stick it out.....it seems the benefits definately outweigh the few weeks of being a little more anxious, considering i've been struggling with the anxiety and panic attacks for so long but this is the first time starting an SSRI.....so it helps to know that what im feeling is normal.....thank you so much!!!!
This makes me feel so much better. I just took my 1st 10mg Lexapro tablet today at 2pm, and an hour later I was WAY ANXIOUS... like BAD BAD... almost felt like dry heaving when I got home, but I didnt. I took 2 ativan and chilled out some. How long do you think it will give me that effect?
brainzap101 is ...dizzy! Comment
melimeli PLEASE USE CONTACT US BUTTO... Comment
Medium-chain triglycerides
4 hrs ago by gymdandee
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms