lexapro is not for me!
I took my first pill today and got the worst panic attack I've had in months. I can't stop shaking or pacing, I'm hot and nauseous my mouth is completely dry. Its awful. I think I'm goiing to stick with therapy and xanax as needed. Can one lexapro pill really do this or am I just getting myself anxious about taking the pill??
Those are the side effects to the lexapro.I recently about nine days ago started takeing it to 10mg.The first day great and the second day at work i freaked out.I had the worst attack ever to.I was not to ok the third day eigther.But,thank goodness i have adavan to help calm my nerves.So if u have something to take the egde off that will help.Plus they say takes four to six weeks to start feeling the effects of it.Maybe the good effects when it starts working.I still have anxiety that has not yet stopped but,Just hang in their hopefully u and i will see a change soon.Good Luck.Keep me posted.
unfortunately that is a side effect of the SSRI's. your doctor should have prescribed you a benzo like ativan or klonopin to go with the ssri. mine just put me on Pristiq and clonazepam becuase he told me things will get worse before they can get better....but they will get better!!! :)
I think I'm going to just throw it away. Its making me feel worse than before and that's dumb. I have xanax that I take sparingly when I really need it. I'm really antimeds and went against my better judgement with this stuff. I've gotten over my anxiety without meds before so I know I can do it again. I just suffered a traumatic loss in january and that's when the panic started to flare up again. So I'm going to stick with therapy and say no to the meds. I'm sure its easier with meds but I think it'll be better for me in the long run to do without.
when i was on lexapro i had panic attacks for 2 weeks straight.Cuz they told me it would take 2 to 4 weeks and that time they never even told me about xanax or even tried to offer to me but that lexapro i thought i was dying everyday couldn't sleep or eat at all.But 2 weeks was enough of that crazy panic .Sorry i don't have a good thing to say about lexapro i too am very sensitive to anti meds tried 4 different one's didn't work.but  do still take the xanax as needed and boy do i needed right now.lol..It works so great why can't the anti med feel the same way as xanax.Take care