Anxiety Community
loss of identity

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

loss of identity

Im fairly new to anxiety after a tough year learning how to deal with chronic migraine. I guess i never wanted to accept that I have a "chronic condition". After moving here to florida from nyc last Christmas and coming down with this migraine situation I recently realized it spun me into a depression/anxious state of being. II am seeing a therapist now for 3 weeks and started lexapro about 3 weeks ago so i am doing what is needed for myself to heal. The loss of identity and creativity is the hardest part for me! Im just hoping that I will find myself through this process. Just wanted to share and would love to hear from anyone with any input
hope all are well
Anthony
Its such a different experiance to have such scary new things happen to us when we are usually strong and healthy,and until it actually happens to you noone could possibly understand what it is like to suffer this.I know i was totally oblvious to anxiety and depression until the doctor told me i had it,i thought all these horrible symptoms and fears cant be down to that surely and i kept going back everyweek until i was convinced,it is good that you are in therapy,it wont happen over night but with determination you will start feeling yourself again.
Lexapro is one of the newer meds and along with Cymbalta, most people that I've spoken with seem to adjust and feel "normal" again after about the first month. If you're 3 weeks into it, I think you should start feeling the full benefits in about another week. Good luck!
Frenchies commented on Long standing dry mou...
Angelinaaa commented on Long standing dry mou...
facts About Meat
12 hrs ago by gymdandee
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms