major anxiety
I cant believe how much anxiety I have because of medical issues. I have had alot of anxiety over the years due to my heart arrythmias, now they found a 1mm micronodule in my right upper lung and Im having such anxiety it is aweful!! Im so scared and anxious I cant even stand to be around me. Why why?? I just want to go throw up. Does anyone have any advice please
wmac
Why doesnt anybody help anyone one here. I posted this on the 19th and noone ever seems to comment or help anyone. I use to post on this site all the time over the years and it just seems that there is never anyone on here to help. Why bother?
Hi. I'm so sorry your post did'nt get answered. Sometimes this forum is busy a post can get pushed to the next page very fast and people don't see it.
Are you taking any meds to help with your heart arrhythmia's? A beta blocker or anything like that? Do they know why this is happening? What did they say about the micro nodule?
Im not on any meds for the arrhytmias, I have had this for 10 yrs three attempted ablations. all heart work ups good. They were never able to induce my arrythmia. Tried meds before made it worse and have low bp so cardio decided probably wouldnt tolerate it well. As far as the micronodule I have to wait till next chest xray to see if it has grown. Its the waiting game and its aweful. My twins just left for the marines on the 11th so im having alot of emotions with that plus worring about them and the micronodule. It scares me to death. I cant but help thinking the worst.
Next chest xray is aug 15
Hello there!

First, I'm sorry your post didn't get answered quicker, that certainly is not intentional.  Like remar said, sometimes if the forum is busy, a thread will get bumped to the second page.  We're all just fellow members who do this voluntarily, so we're not always around as much as we'd like to be, we do the best we can.  So sorry if you felt ignored.

My goodness!  No wonder you're stressed!  As far as the heart issues go, are you frequently symptomatic?  Many different kinds of heart arryhtmias, while scary, are quite benign, and usually only require treatment if a patient is symptomatic.  Don't ever feel badly about perhaps seeking a second opinion from a new cardiologist.  Maybe you need someone with a fresh persepctive to look at your medical history and assess you?  I think it is a good idea!

As for the nodule, I know this is hard to believe, but a lot of times they are nothing to worry about, so try not to get too worried just yet.  I know, easier said than done!  I certainly understand the anxiety, I would be the same way.  TRY to look at the positives, this is something that IF, God forbid would be a bad thing was caught EXTREMELY early!  That's is so good!  Your doctors are aware of it and are going to keep a close eye on it.  That is what is important.  How did they find it?  Just a routine chest xray?  If so, that's really something, because that would have likely not caused any symptoms, and would have definitely not been detected.

As for the anxiety, have you ever sought professional help for it?  If not, I recommend you do so.  Ask your doctor for a referral to a psychiatrist, who may recommend meds and/or therapy.  When both treatment modalities are used together, the anxiety is better managed.  There are so many different ways of treating anxiety, there is just no need to continue suffering with it to this level.  Now, of course, there's no way that ALL of your anxiety would be relieved, because you have some real life stressors going on, but certainly it could be managed much better, to a more tolerable level.

Hang in there...let us know how you're doing!
I was having upper back pain.. Really pain full. So they did of course the workup of blood and ekg and wanted chest xray. That is how they found it. I just seem to freak easily.  I always think the wost because I know I am no different from anyone else or immune to getting something bad. I always think "what if"! I do take ativan 1mg at night. try not to during the day. but maybe I should. My heart arrythmias I have learned to deal with them although it does stop me from doing alot of things due to the fear. I just am scared for next xray. What if it grows!! I am just making myself nuts. OCD and anxiety.
You didn't answer the question about if you've ever addressed these isues with a professional?  If not,you should.  It does a world of good.  Don't increase your medication without first talking with your doctor.  As far as anti-anxiety meds, like Ativan, there are better long term options.  I think you should discuss these issues with a psychiatrist.
Yes I have gone to a counslor for years for my anxiety for years. Hasn't helped yet.