Anxiety Community
massages

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

massages

I went to see my therapist today and she told me that a massage is great for anxiety and that I should get one once a week. That can get expensive also, they are about 50 to 55 dollars everytime you go. She also told me that chiropractic is very good. It helps with your nervous system. I just wanted to share this information with you.

Tomorrow I am going to the chiropracter and hopefully it will help with the tightness in my shoulders and neck.
Hey Toots,
You have a wise therapist. I am an LMP (Licensed Massage Therapist)............well, let me amend that. I USE to be one for many years, but I have a fairly sever form of arthritis which has now prevented me from practicing that particular craft. Massage can work miracles for those of us dealing with anxiety and panic. Her suggestion that you have a session once a week is good advice, but they CAN be expensive. Many insurance companies now include theraputic massage in their coverage. Explore yours, it may be covered but will usually take a note from your doctor that it will, indeed, be "theraputic" rather than just a "luxury." If it's not covered by your insurance and you can't afford a weekly session, can you possibly save up for a once a month session? I would then recommend a deep tissue massage. It kind of hurts while it's going on, it's called "DEEP TISSUE" for a reason, but you WILL reap the benifits in the long run. If you live in a fairly large city, look up Massage Schools and be aware that they are always in need of "guinea pigs" for the students. Cost to you? ZERO!
I am not a huge fan of chiropracters, but there are millions who swear by them.
If money is a problem, there are many things you can do for free for the tightness in your neck and shoulders. Yoga is fantastic for this. Tai Chi is another wonderful method. Both are easily self-taught.Swimming is excellent. All of these will help, not only with your stiff muscles, but with your anxiety as well.
I hope you find some relief. Keep us posted.
Greenlydia
Oh gosh--I want a deep tissue massage so darn bad right now!!!!!!!!!!
blockhead123 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
TinaR10 commented on renae176's status
TinaR10 commented on photo