Anxiety Community
medication about to run out and doctor is booked! help please

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

I am on about 200 mgs of Wellbutrin and 1 to 2 mg of klonopin a day. I only have 2 welbutrin and like 10 klonopin left and my doctor appointment couldnt be set till next monday! What do you guys do in these situations. I tried some other doctors this is the soonest. I just moved from san diego to phoenix so I didnt really realize my medications were dwindling....
I'm guessing that when people know they are moving to a new state, they get their doctor to write a new prescription for any and all meds they need. I also understand how chaotic ANY move is and how difficult it is to remember everything.

I've never been in the position you are, so I'm not sure how to resolve this either!

I think I'd start by calling the pharmacy where I got my meds refilled in San Diego and talk to the pharmacist. I really think that's all it would take for you to find out what you need to do to get your prescriptions transferred. If think your pharmacist can call in enough meds to get you through until your appt. if you're going to run out. You may have to contact your subscribing doctor back home and have him call the pharmacy or vice versa for an emergency supply. I'm really sure your old pharmacist will know what to do. He/she has undoubtably dealt with this situation many times.

Good luck.
Peace
Greenlydia  
Call your old doctor, with the name of a new pharmacy near your home (get the correct name, address and phone number from the new pharmacy), and ask the old doctor to call in a prescription that will cover you in the meantime.  
Go to an Urgent Care center. They can help you. Bring your med bottles with you and show them.
Call your Doctors office and tell the receptionist to leave a note for your Dr to call you! Mine always does. Good luck!
mishymoshymarcy Head in the books Marcy. Do... Comment
mishymoshymarcy commented on mishymoshymarcy's status
lulu747 commented on 8 months off Subutex ...