Anxiety Community
mitral valve prolaspe + panic + low blood pressure = adrenaline???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Yesterday I had my blood work results. My thyroid (TSH, T3, T4) is perfect, just in the middle range, all my vitamins level, even the B vitamins are ok... My cortisol morning, mid afternoon and evening is ok also...so the adrenal fatigue seem to be not my problem... but my Doctor had receive my results of heart tests that I done for my heart and read to me the report the Cardiologist send to him...

Something new appear for me. I have apparently a MVP, they see it when they do the stress test and echography of the heart, the MVP is a mitral valve prolaspe and can lead to weird blood pressure reading, heart palpitation, fast or slow heart beat... and he said that a lot of peoples with a panic disoder diagnostic have the same kind of heart problem since peoples who suffer from panic attack are more sensitive to their heart beat and more sensitive to their body in general (pain especially).

The Cardilologist recommend to my Doctor to RX a beta-blocker, who is call ACEBUTOLOL... and say that this beta-blocker will act differently than the Inderal that I try in the past, and will not cause low blood pressure in low dose, I think it's 200 mg morning and 20 mg in the evening... He also say that I will not have orthostatic hypotension or low pulse rate under 50 like I had with the Inderal or worse with the Lopressor...

The problem is that since 1 month, I deal with a lower blood pressure, I feel that i'm out of energy, that I will faint anytime, just taking a shower make me tired for the rest of the day, if I have to listen to my music, I cant listen to it loud like before cause it's trigger panic attacks. I sleep very bad, it take a while before I fall asleep and I wake up very early and not refresh, even after 6 hours of sleep in a row, who was for me in the past a very good night...

I ask my Doctor about the autonomic nervous system and the fact that normally, when the autonomic system is over reacting, it will make the adrenal glands release too much hormones and more adrenaline... and I explain to him that I had all the normal symptoms of too much adrenaline like my hands that sweat a lot all day long and are RED with white spots and me feet sweat a lot also... Facial flushing, hands tremor, memory loss...BUT I don't understand why I have those urge adrenaline rush when I have a low pulse rate and low blood pressure (not in my normal range)...

Normally the adrenaline raise the blood pressure and the pulse rate no??? Now, each time I have to get out of the house, I will have the fast heart beat 4-5 hours before, my heart will beat loud and at more than 120 bpm, but my blood pressure will stay low, I feel a lot dizzy, can't speak properly, forget the words I want to say, my hands and feet sweat a lot to the point that I need to dry them with a towel all the time... The fast pulse rate will reach the 200 or more when I enter in the car and I will do a panic, even if I just have to go to the grocery store who is at 5 minutes by car from my house, and I don't drive...

When i'm out of the car, my heart return to a heart beat of 80 bpm...so I can do my things at the grocery or the Doc for example and when it's time to return in the car as a passenger, my heart start again beating fast and I do another panic... When i'm back home, I feel completly tired, like I will faint, my head hurt, and my heart return to a very slow pulse rate and I feel weak and dizzy and of course my chest hurt a lot...

The same thing happen if I have to do a mental task, watch a movie or use my computer for more than 1 hour at the time... Each time I do this, I feel like I will faint, i'm a lot dizzy, when I speak I can't remember the words I want to say, I have no memory, hands tremor, my heart beat hard in my chest even if most of the time my pulse rate at rest is above 60 bpm... I have facial flush, red ears and bad angina pain in my chest, strangely all the symptoms are worse on the left side...

So now, I have a panic attack and my blood pressure don't raise like in the past. I have my own blood pressure machine and take my blood pressure each time I do a panic at home and when it's working good (sometimes my heart beat is too fast and the machine write an error message),  most of the time it's seem that even in panic, my systolic never reach the 115, it's always lower... but the dialostic seem to be higher and increase to 80 or more... 5-10 minutes after the panic attack, my blood pressure return to a 110/60... Now i'm having a blood pressure reading of 100-110/50-60 at rest and my pulse rate is around 80. In the past, when I wasn't in a panic attack mood and out of the house, I had blood pressure reading of around 140/90 with a pulse rate of 90... and it was perfect for me... I never felt bad with high blood pressure... but that low blood pressure will kill me, even if some peoples here will say it's not real low blood pressure...

I don't understand what happen... Adrenaline raise the blood pressure and the pulse rate.. so if it's not Adrenaline who give to me all those symptoms, what can give the same kind of symptoms???

Anyways, I go to the drugstore and fill out the RX... I fear to take the beta-blocker and don't want to faint because of it... I already feel very tired...

Maybe it's the Christmas Holidays who make me feel like this???

Don't know what to do...

Any help or comments will be welcome... Thanks and happy holidays to everyone here!!! ;-)
Mollyrae commented on Why You Might Have A ...
1 hr ago
LovemyKids86 commented on K_Bmomma's status
michhh commented on A very inspiring colu...