mixed meds, mixed-up head
I am taking a cocktail of Endone, Valium, Aropax (reducing dose) and Endep.  The first two are to help with pain and spasm after recent extensive sinus surgery - pain in my face, and spasm in my back from the long hours on op table and then in bed recovering afterwards.  (I have a prolapsed disc in L4/5.)  The reducing Aropax is so that I can take the Endep instead, to help relieve anxiety syndrome, and also to help me get to sleep.  Since starting the Endep I have stopped taking Stilnox, which I have been using for several years.  For the last three weeks I have gradually become more and more 'sedated', to the point where I am unable to function for any longer than one hour awake, before I need to fall deeply asleep for several hours.  I cannot drive, or walk very far.  Other symptoms inlcude lack of appetite, reluctance to speak, deep ache in my lower back and legs, increased anxiety, feeling of hopelessness, waves of heat (exactly like hot flushes, for which I take HRT), prickling in my scalp, and the final delight, dizziness which comes on rapidy and unexpectedly.

Help!  How can I help myself get better?
Hi   Have you discussed these issues with your doc...you may need to adjust/change the meds.  I think that is the first thing you should do Monday am.  
snap - I just got back from seeing doc.  he's tweaking levels of pain relief, stopping aropax, and we'll see if I stay sedated.  I  also had about a gallon of blood taken to have tests for everything.  fingers crossed that we'll find an answer, or at least preclude lots of nasty things.

however I am still puzzled about the back pain/aching legs.  anyone... do you think this might be med-related, or am I just falling to bits?  I'm not keen on looking for info on side-effects on the web, it's too easy to get confused.

I don't THINK this is just anxiety, certainly the symptoms are different from panics and/or anxiety attacks in the past.

maybe purr is turning into a creaky old cat, no more spring-loaded bouncy kitten games.  :-((