need to know if this is anxiety
First let me mention I suffer with Sickle Cell Anemia. I got up to get ready for work 2wks ago on a monday morning, I got off my bed and headed to the kitchen, as soon as I got there my heart started to beat really fast for about 10-15 secs. and then soon after that my temple felt as if they were doing the same and that lasted for a few secs.  During the entire week I had this uneasy feeling(scared that it might happen again) and it did.  It happened on the Friday I got home from work.  I came home very tired(as I was feeling alot of before this happened)  and decided to rest on my couch, after an hour or so my chest began to feel a little heavy and I had a little difficulty breathing normally, but I thought I ws having a Sickle Cell Crisis because chest pains is associated with my condition, but as time went by I began to feel worse ie. my body felt weak, eyes felt weird, had a tingling in my throat causing me to cough and then my heart started to beat fast and hard. This time it was much shorter because my fiance was there to calm me down.  The very next day I went to the doctor and she said my heart and pulse was beating normal and my blood pressure was good, but she tested my heamoglobin, and I also had a thyroid test and the results were good.  I have'nt had that heart racing effect since that Friday(which was a week ago) but now I am feeling this lump in my throat and having this heaviness and pain in my chest almost every day for a whole day and I am very worried and concerned.  Can anyone relate or explain to me what I am experiencing, thanks in advance.
I just wanted to tell you that it does sound like an anxiety attack.  Your heart feels like it is racing and you feel like you are having a heart attack.  You can't breathe...you just KNOW something is wrong.  The docs can check an EKG on you also.  But if when you went to the doc your beat was normal and your pulse was normal there was probably no need for one.  Years and years ago i started having anxiety attacks.  Before i knew what they were i was certain something was wrong with my heart.  I ended up in the ER several times b/c i just couldn't breathe.  Thats when they did EKGs on me and other than a fast pulse my pattern was regular.  Its good that your fiance was there to calm you down...if it happens again just take some deep breaths and do the best you can to get through it...it will pass.  Good luck!
Thanks so much, what you said was most comforting
Also, just to let you know...when you have a panic attack you tense up your body.  After its over sometimes you will feel a soreness in your chest and think something is wrong.  But it is just your muscles...they were tensed when you were going through it and now they are relaxed.  (think of it like exercising...those muscles have been worked out).  Don't be concerned about that either.
Sounds like an anxiety attack to me.  Been there and done that.  They can be one of the most frightening experiences ever.  Especially when you think you can't breathe.  It doesn't hurt to keep a check with your MD and make sure nothing else is going on.  If nothing else, it may ease your mind once you realize it is in fact anxiety.  I have found that sometimes, just knowing nothing else is wrong makes my anxiety so much better.
It does sound like anxiety and as your test came back ok I would say it was safe to assume it is.  Learn some breathing techniques to help get you through them and help stop you from tensing up.
well let me say this, ive been down that ugly road before an still learning how to deal with it. trust me its anxiety. anxiety makes people feel like they are really sick, so much thoughts went through my head like heart attacks, liver problems, kidney problems cancer ,you name it anything that could be wrong with the human body i thought i had.its a hard road but you will get through it. there is meds out there, you just have to find the right one, talk therapy is good also,and nothing beats a good prayer, and it sounds like you have an understanding fiance that loves you an will be there for you in the time of need, so i know you will get through this.

best of luck to you i hope you keep us posted