Anxiety Community
nervous stomach and taking prozac... will it eventually help?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

I had a major anxiety attack 2 weeks ago and since then have not been able to eat.  My anxiety and panic attacks revolve around the severe phobia of vomiting.  I get hungry but I always feel butterflies in my stomach and I have no appetite.  

I started taking fluoxetine again for the 2nd time (I went off it a year ago cuz I was able to manage my anxiety... big mistake).  I have been on 10 MG for 3 days now.  

I don't really remember how I felt before but I am starving.  I am so hungry but feel nauseous all the time and nervous.  I am so afraid to eat!  Does Prozac eventually help nervous stomachs to the point where I can eat again?  I am nervous all day and it is exhausting.  I'm so hungry but I am afraid to eat and then I feel nauseous when my stomach is empty and it freaks me out also.
Nausea is a side effect of Prozac. I was much the same for a long time. Lost so much weight because of the exact same fear. My doctor was smart enough to give me a tablet called stemitil. It is an anti-nausea / vomiting tablet. If anything it brought about peace of mind. You eat, you take the tablet. Relaxes the vomiting fears big time. Other than it is all anxiety tablets I am on. Well I do take zispin as well. Anti-depressant that works to helps anxiety as well. I don't suffer from depression. Just a case of learning how to take your mind off the fear. It landed me in hospital for over a month. So that is where it can take you if you don't eat. Keep us posted on your condition.
gyspy09 listening to death metal.. ... Comment
37 mins ago
Kermit the Hermit The most difficult phase of... Comment
1 hr ago
melimeli "DH" is trippin again.. uff... Comment
1 hr ago