Aa
A
A
Close
nervous stomach and taking prozac... will it eventually help?
I had a major anxiety attack 2 weeks ago and since then have not been able to eat.  My anxiety and panic attacks revolve around the severe phobia of vomiting.  I get hungry but I always feel butterflies in my stomach and I have no appetite.  

I started taking fluoxetine again for the 2nd time (I went off it a year ago cuz I was able to manage my anxiety... big mistake).  I have been on 10 MG for 3 days now.  

I don't really remember how I felt before but I am starving.  I am so hungry but feel nauseous all the time and nervous.  I am so afraid to eat!  Does Prozac eventually help nervous stomachs to the point where I can eat again?  I am nervous all day and it is exhausting.  I'm so hungry but I am afraid to eat and then I feel nauseous when my stomach is empty and it freaks me out also.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
349780 tn?1309637558
Nausea is a side effect of Prozac. I was much the same for a long time. Lost so much weight because of the exact same fear. My doctor was smart enough to give me a tablet called stemitil. It is an anti-nausea / vomiting tablet. If anything it brought about peace of mind. You eat, you take the tablet. Relaxes the vomiting fears big time. Other than it is all anxiety tablets I am on. Well I do take zispin as well. Anti-depressant that works to helps anxiety as well. I don't suffer from depression. Just a case of learning how to take your mind off the fear. It landed me in hospital for over a month. So that is where it can take you if you don't eat. Keep us posted on your condition.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
406584 tn?1399591666
Blank
10356 commented on Dee1956's status
1 hr ago
Blank
Paxiled commented on Green Tea and Green T...
19 hrs ago
Blank
jimgreg on now 400 mg of lamctal,,a... Comment
Dec 09
Blank
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms
Start Tracking Now
Top Anxiety Answerers
Blank
Arlington, VA
Blank