Anxiety Community
overthinking

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

overthinking

Hi I responded to a post but thought i would share what seems to be helping for those who spend too much time thinking about thoughts and reacting to every little feeling or sensation, I tend to spend more time in my mind than in the real world, not a pretty place to live lol, anyway, i have found learning to be more in the now as invaluable to my managing this disorder. I have found Eckhart tolle most effective, my worn out book awakening to your lifes purpose grounds me when i notice that i am living in thought, Jon Kabit zin's medititation cd is something i do daily but learned i can only do for short periods of time, too far in and i freak myself out, but the tracks on sound and mind i do daily, the other is a book titled taming your gremlin is invaluable to noticing thougtht,  it inspired my painting that is my profile picture where thoughts are the clouds and to be in the now is to stand peacefully in the sunlight. It can be done, my spaces of peace are getting longer every day :)
I too live in my mind a lot..I have to actually tell myself to stop thinking...my mind is always going...worrying from one thing to the next..Sometimes I'm so caught up in my own head I can't process what people are saying to me.....uggh...tiring to worry this much..my soul needs rest...help...some people wish for money and power and fame...I wish for peace of mind...
that was why i wrote the above, you might consider trying some of those things for some possible moments of peace of mind
Mollyrae commented on photo
1 hr ago
Mollyrae Bring back George Washington Comment
1 hr ago
mishymoshymarcy "It feels like everyone aro... Comment