pain in the upper middle section of rib cage
i went to the doctor and have complained about this pain really does not say much, it seems to get worse if stressed out it is not a squeezing sention but it hurts mor like the bones themselves if i press on the bones it hurts.  wondering what this is when i went back to the doctor the pain was gone but then came back again, worried it could be my heart.  
Sounds like stress to me ...sounds like you are tensing up ..the start of a anxiety attact..anxiety can make you have all kinds of pain
I have the same pain in the senter of my chest it is not a squeesing fealing eather and it does hurt when I push on my ribs. I had lots of tests done for my hart and stomach and the doctor said its becouse of the anxiety. The pain can last for hours or just a few minuts. And when I went to the ER for the pain it went away wen I went to the doctor the pain goes away. They say its becouse I feal safe at the DR or the hospital and that makes me relax and that couses the pain to go away. I hope that helps your worry.ed13
thanks sounds like good advice.  hate it though good luck
I'm not sure if pushing would make it worse but I've had similar pains and it was because when under stress I would breathe really shallow or take in or gulp air and it would give me gas type pains.