Anxiety Community
panic attack - need advise

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

panic attack - need advise

Recently i had a panic attack inside of a subway car. It was struck in the tunnel for almost 20 Minutes, and the air conditon was no good at same time, there was no air.

After that,everytime i tooked subway, as long as the train stops moving i started to get into panic mood, heart racing, can't breath ,  and want to running out of the car..... I am scared of i am going to be sufficated. Anyway, as long as the train moves, i am getting better.  Since i have to take the train everyday to work. what should I do, is there any good suggestions? I am taking Atvin for the panic attack, but i don't want to take it evreyday just for the subway riding.  I tried some technics, such as count number backward, tell myself everything is ok. but doesn't seem to help either. what i am going to do? please advise
Namaste,
I suffer panic attacks in crowded subways or buses on a regular basis. It depends on how tightly packed we are.
I do take medication on a regular basis, which does help, however  does not eliminate having an attack.
If you have been prescribed Ativan, take it as directed or its' benefits will not be realized.
Going back to the panic attacks, what has worked for me is meditation and breath control. They are simple techniques to learn and simple to use. I find them extremely helpful.

Michael(Jikan)
My first ever panic attack was in a train too. It had stopped between stops and was going nowhere. It was packed. I remember so clearly to this day. Never went near a train for years after that. Hated them. So you can go that way if you let it take you that way. Or fight your way through it. I did fight back after so many years. Get trains daily now. But I let that first panic attack stop me going near them for over a decade. Had to sort of re-train myself then. One stop at a time. Going further each day. One long road back. So I hope you can manage to beat this very early on. Just think of anything whilst you are on the train. I even play mobile phone games today. Just to stay focused. Good luck to you.
Thank your guys for sharing experiences.
I tried to focus my mind on something else today, but it doesn't work. Thanks God today the train hasn't stopped for long time. (1-2 min.) So I only had a mini panic attack.
I will have to take trains, since i hate drive. I will have to face it. next time if i have panic attack, i will not take ativan, and see what will happen. will i pass out?
Meganann123 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
jedsie commented on Why You Might Have A ...
OncecleanNserene commented on Tramadol & Ultram...