Aa
A
A
Close
panic attacks
Does anyone ever experience a "surreal" feeling when they are having a panic attack.  It just feels so scary, like I'm trying to "catch myself".  I have had panic attacks since I was a child, and they have come and gone during my life.  Recently, I have began experiencing more anxiety, and have begun to have a few panic or anxiety attacks.  I have been able to keep myself from having a full blown panic attack, but I do have to get up and walk around and trying to keep my mind as busy as possible.  I wish someone could tell me exactly why some people have these panic attacks, while other people live their entire lives without ever having one.
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I WISH I CAN TELL WHY SOME PEOPLE CAN HAVE PANIC ATTACKS AND SOME PEOPLE DO NOT, IT IS SOMETHING THAT WE HAVE TO DEAL WITH. DO WE SIT ASK WHY SOME PEOPLE HAVE CANCER AND SOME PEOPLE DONT, NO!! WE JUST HAVE TO TRY TO GET WELL. AND  WORRYING ABOUT THINGS LIKE THAT WILL ONLY WORSEN YOUR PANIC ATTACKS SO JUST  KEEP YOUR MIND CLEAR OF NEGATIVE THOUGHTS ( AND BELIEVE I KNOW THAT IT ID NOT EASY) BUT DO NOT ADD UNNECESSARY THOUGHTS, LIKE YOU SAID TRY TO KEEP YOUR MIND AS BUSY AS POSSIBLE .  ALL OF US WILL OVERCOME, WE WILL BE ALRIGHT.

KEEP SMILING
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
It's called depersonalization. It's like you are floating outside of your body and reality is very far away....it is very scary.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
1067970 tn?1255099655
Hi!
I know exactly what your talking about. I deal with it whether or not I am having an attack. Everything seems so plastic to me, like I am watching my life on a movie screen, It just magnifies during an attack. This may sound stupid, but I find if I try to swim, embrace someone tight, have intimate time with someone where they are my only focus, or expose myself to the elements of the outdoors (wind, rain, etc) That is the only time when I can be in touch with my reality right there at that point. I hope that helps you out a bit!

Take Care!
Comment
Cancel
1067970 tn?1255099655
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
1236893 tn?1408490528
Blank
242912 tn?1402547092
Blank
Jade59 commented on stilltrying1965's status
14 hrs ago
4059843 tn?1454481984