Anxiety Community
panic attacks
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

panic attacks

Does anyone ever experience a "surreal" feeling when they are having a panic attack.  It just feels so scary, like I'm trying to "catch myself".  I have had panic attacks since I was a child, and they have come and gone during my life.  Recently, I have began experiencing more anxiety, and have begun to have a few panic or anxiety attacks.  I have been able to keep myself from having a full blown panic attack, but I do have to get up and walk around and trying to keep my mind as busy as possible.  I wish someone could tell me exactly why some people have these panic attacks, while other people live their entire lives without ever having one.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I WISH I CAN TELL WHY SOME PEOPLE CAN HAVE PANIC ATTACKS AND SOME PEOPLE DO NOT, IT IS SOMETHING THAT WE HAVE TO DEAL WITH. DO WE SIT ASK WHY SOME PEOPLE HAVE CANCER AND SOME PEOPLE DONT, NO!! WE JUST HAVE TO TRY TO GET WELL. AND  WORRYING ABOUT THINGS LIKE THAT WILL ONLY WORSEN YOUR PANIC ATTACKS SO JUST  KEEP YOUR MIND CLEAR OF NEGATIVE THOUGHTS ( AND BELIEVE I KNOW THAT IT ID NOT EASY) BUT DO NOT ADD UNNECESSARY THOUGHTS, LIKE YOU SAID TRY TO KEEP YOUR MIND AS BUSY AS POSSIBLE .  ALL OF US WILL OVERCOME, WE WILL BE ALRIGHT.

KEEP SMILING
Blank
It's called depersonalization. It's like you are floating outside of your body and reality is very far away....it is very scary.  
Blank
1067970_tn?1255099655
Hi!
I know exactly what your talking about. I deal with it whether or not I am having an attack. Everything seems so plastic to me, like I am watching my life on a movie screen, It just magnifies during an attack. This may sound stupid, but I find if I try to swim, embrace someone tight, have intimate time with someone where they are my only focus, or expose myself to the elements of the outdoors (wind, rain, etc) That is the only time when I can be in touch with my reality right there at that point. I hope that helps you out a bit!

Take Care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Recent Activity
1302038_tn?1409939502
Blank
TinaR10 commented on renae176's status
52 mins ago
1302038_tn?1409939502
Blank
TinaR10 commented on photo