panic=can't catch breath, what's going on?
Had an MRI 2 yrs., ago no problem. Had another six mths., ago and couldn't do it because I was afraid that I woudn't be able to breath, can't sleep on by back for fear of not being able to breath. Now in the last week I panic in the shower because when I wash my hair and go to rinse I'm afraid that I won't be able to cach my breath when the soap and water go down my face. Never had a problem before. I'm 60yrs., young, 30lbs., overweight (gained after I quit smoking 19mths., ago. What advice would you give me. I would appreciate some inpute because I fear what come next. Thanks in advance.
I think you need to get a hold of your doctor as it sounds like you are developing a panic disorder.  As a 15 year plus member of that club, I can say that the best thing for you to do is get treatment NOW...rather than waiting and letting things get worse.

Right now you are having panic attacks because you feel you won't be able to breath.  THINKING about it is going to make your panic...which is going to make your chest muscles tighten and your respiration increase...which is going to make you FEEL like you can't breath.  Trust me, we have ALL been down this road - and it is NOT FUN.

So, as a first step - call you doctor.  He/she may be able to prescribe an antidepressant and/or an anti-anxiety medication (like Xanax).  If your doctor does not do psych meds, get a referral ASAP!.  You might want to find out about a talk therapist, as well.  

Right now...start with your breathing.  Slow it down...breath from your diaphragm...even breaths in and out.  Distract yourself.  Get OUT of your head when you start to feel panicky.  I know, I know...it's not as easy as it sounds.  But just try this until you can be seen.  When you call your doctor, make sure to tell him/her how severe this is getting and let him/her know that you need to get into the office IMMEDIATELY.

Please keep us updated and feel free to drop me a note to talk anytime.

Thank You very much for your kindness. I will take your advice because I'm very afraid that it could lead to worse by far. It seems to be deveoping quite quickly. It seems like it started about 19mths., ago when I quit smoking. Trying to persevere.

Just wanted to add that, I just realized, my panic disorder also started around the times I quit smoking cigarretes... I used to smoke 1 pack a day... very anxious being here...