paxil an celexa
is it safe to take these two together to tapper off one and get onto another? I am really nervous about this since I have never done it. My therapist suggests I take 20mg of paxil and 10 celexa the first week (when I am currently on 20mg's a day) the second week 10mg paxil an 20mg celexa, the third week just celexa.
I have tried to tapper off before from paxil... I went from 20mg to 10mg and it nearly killed me vomitting everyday, shackyness, couldnt get out of bed. So then my therapist suggested the tappering and adding meds. But Im so scared as i already mentioned. So I recently went from 20mg tabs to 15mg tabs paxil with no other medication but ativan  added on and Im not doing good at all. I have drealization if thats what you call it, an very high anxiety that just wont quite.So this makes me nervous in the switching departnment as well..... But I would like your opinion on the matter just so I could get a second opinion on what I should do next. Thank you for your time!
I suggest you consult a PMM. (Psychiatric Medication Manger) They can be found in many psych clinics or your local hospital may be able to refer you to one. Managing people's psychotropic meds...........either putting them on or weaning them off, and following you through the entire process is all they do. They are not there to give you therapy, they are they only to help you safely and comfortably withdraw from these meds or withdraw from one and switch to another.
Sadly, and rather scary, is the fact that most GPs only know how to get us ON these meds. I don't suppose the drug companies give the same kick backs if they teach the doctors how to actually safely withdraw people from their drug. Bummer, eh?

Any weaning process is going to uncomfortable at times. Even the best doctors can't get us off these poweful meds without SOME discomfort, but if done right it's bearable. If it's done wrong, it's a nightmare. If that's where you find yourself, get a second opinion.

I wish you the best.
Peace
Greenlydia