phobias
Has anyone else developed phobias due to anxiety and panic? I have noticed I have become a little ODC about certain things because I want to avoid a potential panic attack...

I'm just not sure if anyone else has experienced something similar? Share your stories, and is this a natural progression of my anxiety?

Share stories? We LIVE this stuff. Scope out some journal entries, poke your nose here and there -you'll see.

Let's just say -as you have very keenly discerned- that anxiety/panic and phobias are kind of like ice cream and chocolate sauce, horse and carriage, love and -nevermind. Anxiety/panic are kind of an expression of a phobic nature, come to that: fear of going out, fear of speaking, fear of, well, fear of having another panic attack. Argh!

Point being: you've got it, you understand it. Now, get some therapy and get outta this mess!
I agree...we do live this stuff. And yes I have become very OCD about things in fear of a panic attack. Sigh....its not a fun day at Disneyland thats for sure, but with support and the right kind of therapy, you can get through this.

We are all here for you through the process, and sometimes (as with me) thats exactly what you will need =)

Crystal
I just noticed there is an OCD Forum - no, I'm not trying to get rid of you  = )
Depression, anxiety, OCD are all interconnected.

I have claustrophobia and recently began to feel agoraphobic as well.  A person can have phobias about anything.  It's nothing shameful and therapy can help to deal with it.

wolf