Anxiety Community
propranolol

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

propranolol

hi everyone! Has anyone ever taken meds called propranolol (beta blockers) 4 anxiety? My doc prescribed them 4 me 2day to take 1 two times daily but i am wary to take them! Has anyone ad any bad experiences with them? The doc said they wil make me tired when i first start takin them he said i will take me off them gradually in 3 months! Any suggestions??
I did and it helped, but it did make me very tired for a couple weeks. Good luck with it.
thanks for you post, did u have any bad experiences syptoms (symptoms) while on it? Also r u still on the meds?
hi i hav been given the same thing 4 the same sytpom las week i hav been taking them ever since but at the start i hated them as i thought i wasnt being myself personally wise..being outgoing to turning all quiet and all. but i hav to admit i havent had any panicing since and shaking so dey mus wrk. can u drink wif dem i want to knw.
I don't recall any other  side effects. Your heart rate will be much slower (and BP). All I remember is just wanting to sleep.  I don't take it anymore, but I might ask my dr about going on it again. And when I was  on it I did ask my dr about having drinks with it. You can in moderation but still ask your dr. Everyone is different so you may have different side effects...Hope this helps you.
Hi, i have neeb on propranolol for 3 months, first i would take 1 a day (80mg) to help me with my hyperventilation but it did not help. So then my GP said to take 2  a day, now i am feeling a lot better, it does not make me feel tired but a little weak may be at times.
I was put on propranolol for my PTSD and WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! I am not afraid to sleep now and do not panic!! Also these help my headaches and chest pain.I would not drink with them,cause I got dizzy and threw up all over!!But it DOES help the anxiety and the sever PTSD symptoms such as the flashbacks,anxiety and nightmares.It also calmed my anger down!!
I was on Xanax for many years for anxiety and panic attacts. I'm also a nurs. My dr prescribed propranolol 10mg twice a day. Yes it does make me tired BUT......it is so much safer than Xanax. Getting off Xanax can have fatal results. So I think taking Propranolol is thebetter choice. My heart rate is slower and feel so much more relaxed.
Hello and welcome!

Just wanted to let you know you posted on a really old thread.  That's a common thing to do when new to the site.  I always tell people to just peek at the date, that way your advice will be seen by more people, as most people seem to pass the older threads by!
blockhead123 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
15 mins ago
mishymoshymarcy "I came to win, to fly, to ... Comment
gyspy09 commented on JustHelp123's status