Anxiety Community
question about anxiety

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

question about anxiety

im having really bad anxiety regardin hiv
at first i was having really bad symptoms but after testing  negative after several test
i was starting to get over it
but i started to get really anxious once again because i started feeling stingin pain in my arm pit,pubic area sort of, & neck nothing is swollen or irritated
& it comes & goes
my joints have also been hurting
cuz anxiety cause this
You have been tested "several times" and each test has come back negative. If any of those tests were done at 12 weeks, then you can be absolutely sure you do NOT have HIV.

You have probably read on the Internet some of the many symptoms of HIV and are now obsessing about them...............anxiety can manifest itself in many ways, and these symptoms of yours is a good example.    
It's time now to deal with your anxiety........
It's ALSO time to get yourself educated about HIV and how it can be spread.
Seek the knowledge, learn from it and move on.
Peace
Greenlydia
HIV, or the human immunodeficiency virus, is a sexually transmitted disease that assails the immune system. The virus attacks your CD4 cells (or T4 cells), which are necessary to fight off illnesses. Eventually, the virus overwhelms the CD4 cells and your body becomes unable to fight off diseases and infections. Once your body's CD4 cell count falls below 200 per cubic millimeter of blood, and/or an opportunistic infection takes hold of your weakened immune system, you will be diagnosed with AIDS (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome). Symptoms of HIV vary according to what stage of the infection you are in and only HIV testing can tell you if you have the disease.

The earliest symptoms of HIV infection occur while your body begins to form antibodies to the virus (known as seroconversion) between six weeks and three months after infection with the HIV virus. Those who do show early HIV symptoms will develop flu-like symptoms. This can include: fever, rash, muscles aches and swollen lymph nodes and glands. However, for most people, the firstsymptoms of HIV will not be apparent.

I hope this will teach you enough about HIV to not be so scared,

Best regards,
M4
As a frequent responder in the HIV Prevention Forum, I can tell you that HIV Anxiety and HIV Phobias are sadly not too uncommon anymore, especially among people who perceive that they've had a risk.  

I didn't look up your posts to see what type of "risk" you've had, but I can bet that like most posters in the HIV Forum, you either had an extremely low risk, if not a NO risk exposure to begin with.  MANY many activities that the general population thinks are an HIV risk aren't.  HIV education is faulty and many people are still stuck in decades' old mindset when it comes to HIV.  We have advanced and have learned a lot about the virus, it is important not to fill our heads with misconceptions about HIV.  If it weren't for those misconceptions...we wouldn't see nearly as much of the "HIV Anxiety" that we do.

IF you truly put yourself at risk for HIV, it is normal to be anxious during the testing process  What ISN'T normal, however, is the presence of continued anxiety, obssessive thinking about HIV, including frantically searching the web for more info after you have received confirmation that you are negative via an HIV test.  A conclusive result, as lydia stated, is at 3 months after the "exposure".  A Neg at 6+ weeks after the exposure is a very good indication of your final result.

If you have been tested to 3 months, then your worries aren't about HIV anymore, your worries are now irrational, and inappropriate considering overwhelming PROOF that you did not contract the virus.  If that is the case for you, you need to seek professional help to allow you to work thru this and put it behind you.

One last tidbit, which you've probably already heard on our HIV forum a million times, but it bears repeating and is so important to keep in mind..  One can NEVER guage an HIV risk by the presence of "symptoms". HIV has no specific symptoms and while one newly infected person may exhibit ARS symptoms, plenty others will not have ONE symptom.  

A study was performed recently among thousands of people presenting to emergency rooms convinced they were suffering from ARS and had contracted the virus.  99.999999% of those participants tested negative for HIV and instead their "symptoms" were a result of some common garden-variety illness, or anxiety induced.  Anxiety caused very REAL physical symptoms...all you have to do is read this forum for a few minutes to understand that.  

This is the Anxiety forum...we will gladly help you try to work thru this anxiety you are experiencing...and point you in the right direction, but it really isn't necessary to continue to discuss HIV.  All that will do is fuel your anxiety even more...it won't be of any benefit to you.
i had sexual intercourse with a girl today. she put two condoms. i did not get proper erection.i ejaculated in 3 seconds as soon as i put her in vagina. but i am afraid while removing the virus would have attacked. im restless no sleep. im afraid of getting hiv. it is just two hours later i felt that i have some discomfort in my lower abdomen and started thinking about hiv. i dont know how will i wait for 6 weeks for getting 1st test.
Amandag78 commented on travel_melb's status
9 mins ago
Amandag78 commented on nonights's status
20 mins ago
cctailor commented on Tramadol & Ultram...