Anxiety Community
really puzzled??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

really puzzled??

hello i was jus wondering wen having anxirty and abit of depression does it give u awful thoughts?? for example i keep gettin images of me hurting myself and feel like my own mind is against me but im not hating life r anything actually the complete oppistie..i get so furasted wif myself as i want to live my life as i only live once...is it jus the anxiety r is it worse..plz let me knw...thanks
Hi Sweetie,
Anxiety and depression CAN cause us to have some really disturbing thoughts, but for most of us they center around our health. We worry that we have cancer or a brain tumor, that we are going to die. Things like that. We usually don't think about hurting ourselves and that is something you wrote that has me very concerned for you.
I want to urge you to seek out medical help as soon as possible and discuss your feelings with a doctor. I think you really need to do this for your own health and safety!
If money is a problem, contact your local Health Department and they can get you in touch with either a free clinic or one that works on a sliding scale depending on your income/ability to pay. I am glad to hear that you are not "hating life." That is a very positive sign. You've taken the first couple of really difficult steps! You've admitted to yourself that there is a problem and secondly, you found us and you're reaching out for help. This tells me that you are strong and courageous and WILL seek the help you need to keep moving forward.
We are always here, so write whenever you need to! And spend some time reading the other posts so you will see that you are definitely NOT alone on your journey.
Good luck and let us know how you're doing, OK? We care.
Peace
Greenlydia

My own anxiety used to focus on these sorts of fears  a lot.  I won't go into detail as I don't want to give you fodder.  But just keep in mind thoughts are not reality and you're mind does not control you.  These images are disturbing, but are not more powerful than you.  It did help me just to know that others had had these thoughts and lived through them without them coming true.  My disturbing images happened several years ago and rarely surface now and when they  do I am able to put them out of mind without letting them control me and YOU Will Be Able To Also.  Getting professional help is a very good idea.  
Greenlydia is absolutely correct here.  Ensure that you go see your doctor to explain your thoughts.  Also, find good therapist to talk it over.  Anxiety and panic can cause one to think distrubing thoughts, but by understanding why someone thinks the way the they do, you can begin to understand the pattern of thinking.  Also, I encourage you to join this forum; there are many people that have been where you are and truly care how things are going!
thanks 4 writing back but the reason im getting thse thoughts is i keep comparing myself to others. for example if sum1 kills themselves by hanging im afaird o is dat guna happen to me r anything bad i hear r read about. r anything..like if a fella has a sin disease..o is dat guna happen to e and can picture it...hope this is making sense. lol.
my point is I had those thoughts and nothing ever came of it.  So like me you will be safe.
TinaR10 commented on KeeLolo's status
CRSeaside commented on photo
IndigoIris commented on Tramadol & Ultram...