Anxiety Community
ringing in ears and vertigo

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

ringing in ears and vertigo

Does anyone else feel that ringing in the ears can be caused from anxiety.  I have constant ringing in my ears.  sometimes it is worse than others.  I have had bad anxiety and panic attacks for 6 months.
Are you on medication?  Antidepressants can cause ringing in the ears.  But since you also have vertigo, you may want to see an ENT specialist to rule out any inner ear problem.  Vertigo can come and go for no specific reason and can last from a few days to months.  I've had the ringing for years, you can get used to it.  I do hope you're addressing the anxiety and panic attacks.  Take care.
I am taking only ativan right now.  I did see an ENT and testing was negative.  They referred me to a neurologist and I am currently having tests done.
Good for tackling the problem by seeing specialists for definitive diagnosis.

I've had tinnitis off and on like mammo: not a big deal to me now.  I also suffer agoraphobia/panic disorder.  

It is time to focus on your anxiety/panic episodes after you've finished seeing neurologist.

Best wishes.
Google Ativan and ringing in the ears, rondoo.  The ringing is a w/d symptom and Ativan, being a short term benzo will keep you in perpetual withdrawal until your next dose.  Keep a diary of when the ringing is at it's worst and I will bet it's time for your dose of Ativan.  I have severe ringing after coming off Neurontin last Dec, but I had tinnitus to begin, probably from Xanax now that I'm thinking about it, although not to this extent.  Neurontin w/d is similar to benzo w/d, I've read.  And the more anxious or upset I get, the louder the ringing gets so I would have to associate it with anxiety as well.

Take care and good luck with this.  It's Really annoying, I Hear ya!
This is actually a fairly common symptom of anxiety, and it's usually fleeting...it may come and go, varying in severity at different times.  The important thing is, you are getting a thorough assessment by specialists to rule out a non-anxiety cause.  

Keep working with the docs and if they cannot find a medical cause, then look into more intensive anxiety treatment.  As we treat the anxiety and it starts improving, many anxiety-related symptoms will start fading into the distance.

Good luck!
travel_melb 6 weeks and going strong, m... Comment
1 hr ago
Missy1231984 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
pixielv commented on Tramadol & Ultram...