ANXIETY
COMMUNITY
ringing or humming in ear feel like gonna pass out.
by tommylee333, Jun 27, 2008
i get a ringing or sometimes a humming in my ears and then it feels like i'm gonna pass out does anyone else here get this? thanks for any replys. i also get a burning sensation in the bottom of my legs.about a foot above my ankle all the way down to the top of my foot.
God bless every one here!
Member Comments (8)
by JSGeare, Jun 27, 2008
I can guarantee you that, no matter what you've got, someone else has it, too. The question is, what does it mean? And for that, you see a doctor. I presume this is something you have done and if so, what was the outcome? Also, what's the anziety part? Do the sensations give you anziety or panic -or do you have either of those also? Or what?
by tommylee333, Jun 27, 2008
i have anxiety and ocd.everynow and then i get a feeling like if someone put their hands over my ears and the sound becomes kinda like a hum and i feel like i'm gonna pass out and then when it stops i feel really nervous.i take ativan and ristoril. i take very little ativan maybe 1 or 2 mg a week.but i take 30 mg of ristoril to sleep every night.
by JSGeare, Jun 27, 2008
Got it! And I apologize for using ziety instead of xiety.

...and the doctor says...?
by lonewolf07, Jun 27, 2008
Could the ringing in your ears be tinnitus?  Could the feeling that you're going to pass out be a form of vertigo or even low BP.

Just a thought ....

by BabaluandOtis2, Jun 27, 2008
Yes, even though these are classic anxiety symptoms, they could also be low blood sugar symptoms. I used to get that quite often, busy w/ projects, etc.. during the day and not eating enough.

You get the humming/ringing in the ears, then the dizziness/weakness, then sometimes blurry vision, then you can sometimes hit the floor if you don't take a quick seat, LOL....and get some sugar into you.

I have also had this happen during my long anxiety episodes because with my anxiety I don't eat well at all, not much appetite. So it could be a bit of both if you also don't eat well w/ your anxiety.

Take care, and be well : )
by BabaluandOtis2, Jun 27, 2008
You also say when it stops you feel very nervous. I know "nervous" could have different meanings for different people, but with the blood sugar issue with me, when it was over I would feel very shaky and weak, so I don't know if that is what you mean with your "nervous" feeling.

Take care ; )
by kristine9190, Jun 27, 2008
What you describe, is almost identical to my first anxiety attack. All of the sudden my hearing went muffled, and I had a ringing in my ears, and I started getting very neausous! It happened to me at work, and I thought I was having a stroke (I had recently been diagnosed with a Pulmonary Emolism and a Blood Clot), anyway we called 911 and everything checked out fine, it was a form of an anxiety attack. This is usually how mine come on, my ears ring, and I get very nervous. My Dr. says that my ears should have nothing to do with my anxiety, but I disagree, the ringing in my ears and nervousness go hand in hand for me during my atttacks.

Good Luck!
Kristine
by tommylee333, Jun 28, 2008
thanks for all the replys.they help a lots. anyone having anxiety and ocd knows how it helps to know that other people have the same symptoms and they are ok.
God bless you all!