scared of losing my mind
Can someone be scared of losing their mind to the point where they have ptsd? i have a family history of mental illness by my mother and grandmother. i smoked a little weed which gave me a weird feeling in my head. i was so scared of losing my mind to the point where i had a panic attach. the symtoms of the panic attach further helped to made me think i was losing my mind and my whole life would be ruined. Ever since ive been depressed and things relating to mental illness just triggers my anxiety.
Well when you've done a drug like marijuana feelings of paranoia or anxiety can arise. You have to mentally talk to yourself and say that you know you've taken something that has caused this feelings and instead of fighting the drug and freaking out about it you just gotta ride it out until its over. I have a family history of depression and anxiety and I've been dealing with it since high school. I have been placed on many different drugs and have found that the one thing that helps me the most is myself. Telling myself I'll be okay; this too shall pass and if I keep telling myself that the anxiety will take over my life and cause me to lose my mind eventually thats what's gonna happen. I know how hard it can get with the feeling of your slipping into madness but you need to know as long as you not only tell yourself but you start to believe it. If you need someone to talk to or just vent about how you feel you can hit me up anytime.
Take care;))
You won't 'lose your mind'.  With a family history of mental illness, not sure what that was, you are at risk for mental/emotional problems.  In my family it galloped down thru the females.  

Posting here is good, but you really could benefit from talking to a therapist about your fears.  The smoke may have exacerbated anxiety altho I am relly guessing now.  Try not to jump too far ahead to ptsd.  Depression and anxiety are probably the culprits and can be treated.
No, it has nothing to do with PTSD. I suggest you look up PTSD to find out what it actually is. Smoking weed will often make you paranoid. If you're already prone to anxiety and panic and you begin to think about going insane while you're high, chances are you will have a panic attack. Makes sense right?
well you might be suffering with derealization......where you feel like your almost in a dream.....like nothings real......like your high 24/7,,,,and when you stress about it,that makes it worse,,,then you will start having anxiety,and light headed,and possibility of fainting.