Anxiety Community
scared

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

scared

for the last few months i haven't really been able to sleep well because I am scared at night. Usually as i fall asleep a lot of thoughts pop into my head. I will think for hours about death and being alone. I've started crying while thinking about these things and about why am i feeling this way. Usually when these thoughts start its very hard to get them out of my head. I'm pretty lost on this matter and don't know what to do about these thoughts. do i have anxiety? and what should I do about it if I do.
It does sound like anxiety along with some depression maybe. Only your Dr can tell you this for sure. Take care. Remar
Hey there, I wanted to first remind you that you are not alone!!! The fear of doom but specifically death is very common because as humans I think on some level we like control and a sence of what's coming next and with death we usually get neither.. So it's again the fear of the unknown. I myself am very afraid of the whole death concept, how we only get one life and that's that, what comes next etc...... I lost my dad when he was 40 to a rare cancer, and I was only 15 when this happened and I think I have always been a thinker about death more so then normal people, but my dad dying took it from thinkings about it to knowing it's reality for everyone!!! I am very scared of the same thing that happened with my dad or anything really happening to me or my son or any family for that matter, from the time I was quite little to now I would always visulize something happening or being told bad news and would just loose it!!! I would cry and think the worst, and just be so upset knowing one day it will happen in some way or another!!
So what I do that helps is to start try and not let yourself go there or at least get to this point with it.. If night time is a trigger like it totally is for me I would suggest thinking about only positive things before bed. Or even watching tv or a funny movie to go to sleep.. I also know counceling could help so you could get some of this out as well, I did that after my dad.. I think the main advice I would give you is this, tell yourself yes I will die someday, I don't know when or how, or what it will be like.. I will assume I don't know, because I'm not supposed to know.. However I do only get this one life and I will not waist so much time and happiness on fear of death.. I won't allow myself to get so sad and to let so many tears fall on something I cannot control etc... I will enjoy my life, my time here, and with my family to the fullest extent.. That way when the end does come I won't have regrets on how I spent my time, but I can say I lived my life and it was a good one!!!!!!  I just force myself to think thoughts like that.. I don't think obsessively about it in general like some people but I have my good months where it pretty much never crosses my mind vs. The months where it comes up quite a bit more frequently, but remembering these thoughts does keep me in check a little bit more then a wondering mind :-) take care care and good luck!!!!
thanks for the help
I have been suffering from anxiety from 1 month ago and m convinced i ll die with a heartattack any second every night m affraid to sleep cz i knw i wont wake up a c strange vissions i see that m going up goin to heaven or to hell my mind is full of thoughts about death and whenever i go out i m sure i wont go back home n i wont c my family anymore while i am writting this i feel i ll die after it i have a fear to close my eyes
andrea_hemingway95 uploaded new photos
1 hr ago
dkkonieczny commented on A very inspiring colu...
1 hr ago
andrea_hemingway95 joined this community
Welcome them!
1 hr ago