Anxiety Community
see a cardiologist or not?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

see a cardiologist or not?

I need someones opinion, i have had GAD for about 10 years. Off and on over these years i have had numerous EKG's because im always having some sort of chest ache and pain.   I have worn a holter monitor also, i've had bloodwork done too. Everything has come back normal, i've been told that i also have seasonal asthma.  I recently started seeing a psychiatrist to help me with this anxiety issues.  She diagnosed me with Panic Disorder, she has me taking Ativan 2x a day.  It really seems to be helping.   The issue is before i found the psychiatrist i had made an appt with a cardiologist even though i wasn't sure i needed one i set an appt for a stress test.   Now im thinking i really don't need to waste my time and money.   Im thinking it would be better spent seeing my therapist.  Can someone please voice their opinion on this, maybe someone has been in the same situation with heart anxiety.  Please respond somebody.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I think you can cancel the stress test, they aren't as accurate as all that you've already had done.  You can relax in knowing your heart is fine.  I'm happy you are getting some relief from all the anxiety, I know it can be brutal.  With GAD you can become fixated on a certain thing being wrong with you and nothing can convince you otherwise.  At least you know your heart is fine!  Spend your money on therapy, this is where it will do you the most good. Take care..
Blank
thanks mammo, it helps to hear it from someone that can relate to my situation.
Blank
1041243_tn?1375234120
I'm sure the stress test will come back fine, but you're psych has the right idea with ruling out anything psysical then working on the mental.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Recent Activity
Blank
Alnan commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
1 hr ago
Blank
blockhead123 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
3 hrs ago
1712422_tn?1407308655
Blank
LovemyKids86 . Comment
6 hrs ago
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms
Start Tracking Now
Top Anxiety Answerers
480448_tn?1403547723