seizure
Im taapering off xanax and klonopin the xanax since april 23 adn i am soa fraid i have had a seizure i have a terribke head face pain for 3 days now and my eye,,,,can u have  a seizure and not now it,,,,i also have chronic sinusitis,How common is it to have a seizure whike tapering off benzos been on them 18 years
Namaste,

A seizure is the uncontrolled electrical activity in the brain, which may produce a physical convulsion, minor physical signs, thought disturbances, or a combination of symptoms.

The type of symptoms and seizures depend on where the abnormal electrical activity takes place in the brain, what its cause is, and such factors as the patient's age and general state of health.

Seizures can be caused by head injuries, brain tumors, lead poisoning, maldevelopment of the brain, genetic and infectious illnesses, and fevers. In fully half of the patients with seizures, no cause can yet be found.

Seizures are a possible side effect of many benzodiazepines, but I haven't any knowledge of them being caused by discontinuance, if you are using a tapered schedule.

If you are that concerned or it continues, certainly see your healthcare provider.

Michael
You have been on a slow taper program, the chance that you have suffered or will suffer a seizure is pretty non-existant.  You need to follow up with your doctor if you continue to have these concerns.  

Sinusitis causes every single symptom you complain of....as can anxiety.  You have obviously been very very very preoccupied with every aspect of this taper..which is most definitely adding to your symptoms and keeping that anxiety cycle going in full swing.

I hope you are continuing to follow up with your therapist and doctor....that would be the most adviseable thing for you to do.