Anxiety Community
severe anxiety

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

severe anxiety

Ive had anxiety since 4th grade I hated school and felt sick at the thought of it and no one knew why.  By middle school I wanted to be homeschooled and the nurse knew me by name! High School it all got better I was popular on the varsity cheerleading squad and everyone liked me. Now im 22 and the past 2 years have been a struggle. Before I was never home always going places drove to maryland myself which is 3hrs drove to houtzdale which is 2 and a halfand went with friends to nj which is 3hrs with no problems. Now im llucky if I go to the bank 5 mins away with my gpa to cash change without feeling sick and getting a dry mouth. Nothing helps the medicines make me feel worse im jot hungry and when I am I take a bite and feel sick but I want to eat and do sometimes but not like I used to or should. I have a constant headache probably from the lack of nutrition and my low iron levels. I just had a baby in January and I don't want to lose out on her early childhood sometimes im ok and sometimes I find myself sitting in the bathroom because of my anxiety and I dont want her to feel the stress.  I dont know how to get back to normal therapy and medicine hasnt worked! I just want to be able to do things and not need to take ice with me everywhere because of my mouth feeling dry making me feel sick!
Hello ihartny.

I'm Alexa
I'm sorry if my English is bad , but English is not my first language and I will try my best.
I have been struggling with my anxiety for 2 and half years and I spent my first  year in the dark not knowing what anxiety was. I went through some hard stages which includes irritable bowel, nausea, heart racing, sweaty hands, insomnia, dizziness and lots of emotional swings.
Due to my symptoms I had to quit my job which made me feel emotionally upset. I turned down my family and friends to stay home because I had fear to go out due to my symptoms I would feel extremely ill needed a toilet or a bed to feel safe, so I spent a year battling myself and not letting people know about my problems. I finally gave up and I had a good talk with my boyfriend and lucky me he battle this by my side and encouraged me to tell my family and friends so I could have more support. Since I let it all out I must say people around me gave me so much support and love I'm no longer feeling I am alone. Don't ever be ashamed for asking help or talk.

I'm getting much better with anxiety because my Doctor told me to exercise, even just for 1 h walk will help you and for me exercising in the mornings helps me to have a good sleep at night and have my appetite back and helps me conquer my fears throughout the day .
Now I'm able to join small events and go out by myself, I'm much happier now.
I used to take medication but that's only temporary cure, so I suggest you to exercise and go conquer your fears.

One of the things I did about nausea and feeling sick while I was out, I carried a plastic bag in my bag so I tell myself " Alexa now you're out don't fear, you can do this if you need to vomit you have the plastic bag with you don't worry'"  I no longer use this tactic because I conquered my fear.

Take it slow, exercise and be patient and I know you can do this.
Wish you best recovery and positive thinking.

try to listening this relaxation music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0enFRO_OK58
Do you have access to talking this through with a counselor/therapist?  Have you done so in the past?  I know that it is very frustrating and scary to go through this, however, for me, just sitting down and talking it through with someone helped me to learn about the source(s) of my anxiety and how to confront it.  

Sorry to hear how you are feeling. I'm sure you are concerned about your child and I would be as well. I think you need t continue therapy. In my opinion is what works the best. You just need to find one that fits you and understands that we are not all the same.  It is like a hair stylist. They all know how to cut hair right? but do you let just anyone cut and do  your hair? I am sure you have someone that you like that does that, and hen you don't like one you just don't go back. Sorry for the analogy, but I am not a woman and it is the best thing I could think of.
  Keep searching for the right therapist. It takes time , money and dedication but once you find the right one you will make progress and you will start fighting back and know what to do. You are too young and you need to understand that you can have a life with anxiety. It is not the end. It ***** to have it but other people have their own struggles.
imanny2015 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
curiosityb ok Comment
IndigoIris commented on Tramadol & Ultram...