severe dizziness for 5 days now
i just need to know if anyone has had severe dizziness for a week so far.I called my dr and they told me that i had vertigo and that it can last up to 2 weeks.Is this true.I can't do anything feels like the room is moving around and naseaus too.I do want to go to er but i can't really afford to pay $172 for it if i can get some opinion maybe i will go to er or maybe it"s nothing what should i do.I get dizzy sometimes but not this severe and this long.I had all test done already all came back normal maybe thats why my dr said it was vertigo idk. And they said there's nothing that u can do for vertigo that it will go away on it"s own.Gosh i already have been having severe anxiety everyday for over a month now but to add this dizziness it"s worst.I'm so tired of not being able to do or go places like i use to.Please need some comforting opinion.Thanks
How did you doc come to the conclusion that it was vertigo?
What did he advise you to do for relief?
It doesn't sound like he was too helpful.
Have you had problems with anxiety in the past?  These symptoms could be anxiety but why guess about it when you can and should get competent help.
Have you ever seen a psychiatrist?   Do you take any medication?
Don't be afraid to seek help from a different source if you are not satisfied with wha'ts going on now!
Good luck
I have no idea how she came with that idea but I do have anxiety now for 2 years but for over a month it has been severe.I do get the dizziness sometimes but not this severe and this long.I will be seeing a theraphy starting next week and no I'm not on any meds I tried 4 different ones n just doesn't do it for me it made me feel weird not all there.I wish there was 1 magic pill I don't care how severe or how strong it is I would take it if it will make this insanity body symptoms go away FOREVER.I just have xanax in case but that thing after the next day ur body looks for it and I don't want to get too addicted to it.SIGH hopefully when I'm less stress this will disipate not sure of spelling.Thanks
Vertigo has a cause and can be treated, so I don't understand why your doctor isn't treating you for this!  The nausea is caused by the dizziness, it's like motion sickness.  I've had vertigo and I was treated for it, and felt 99% better by the next day, so I don't understand.  I would want a second opinion.  You can't function like this!  Vertigo isn't serious and can result from a medication to an underlying condition with both needing to be addressed by your doctor.  I think it would be worth the money to go to the ER and get some relief.
Thanks for your advice.Really appreciated.If I still have this by monday I will for sure go see a dr.Yeah she said that vertigo is a virus and there's nothing they can give me except over counter medication but I haven't been able to go get.I think because I had so many test done that they don't think it's serious.They just wanna rule out anxiety or virus.Who knows.It doesn't help either when I also have severe anxiety with it also .Thanks
have you ever tried resetting your vertigo/? lay on your back til room stops spinning, then roll your whole body on left side..hold til room stops spinning, then go to center again, then to right side..do this morning before you get up and at night before bed..this cures almost all vertigo..