Anxiety Community
shaky legs

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

shaky legs

Hi everyone! new here. does anyone have a problem with legs shaking uncontrollably. Went to movie tonight and my legs started shaking and I wondered if anxiety or something else? Wasn't feeling nervous that I know of. does this sound crazy?
Oh! You didn't get the memo? Yeah that could be anxiety.

COULD be -but maybe something else. Maybe ...maybe a lot of stuff.

Here's the deal -if the problem persists or pops up other places, time for a look-see by your doc. And if it goes away?

It goes away.
OK now I'm starting to believe that we are some sort of clones.  I just finished writing you about IBS and now it is shaky legs....It could be anxiety, it could be, essential tremor, it could be almost anything.  Go have it checked out and just so you know, my legs have stopped the annoying shaking since i started my new medication for anxiety.  I do have an essential tremor but this meds has had the dual action of stopping the tremor.  Talk with your doctor...he may want to send you to a neurologist, but don't let that scare you because 9 x out of 10 a tremor like you have is just a plain old essential tremor which is more of an annoyance than anything else.
Hi Rad!!

Yes I have suffered with this twice in the past, but it was not only my legs that was shaking, it was my entire body, which was pretty scary for me at the time. The first time around it lasted for about 15-20 minutes and the second time around it lasted a full 45 minutes which seemed like forever!!

First time I went to the doctor about it, he just told me that it was just a cold or flu that I was coming down with and not to worry about it, so I didn't. The second time which was a good few months later really shocked me, because the shaking was so uncontrollable that I shook severely from me feet to my head, and my teeth were even uncontrollably chattering, the only way to stop myself from shaking was by actually lying on my hands and arms in my bed with lots of covers over me as I felt a chill, then went into a really cold sweat and I do not usually sweat at all. So the second time around I went to my doctor and he said it was the result of a food allergy of some curry sauce that I had and he gave me antihystimines for five days. Apart from that I really do not know what caused it, but I seriously think that it was stress related which led to anxiety.

Hope I was of some help!!

Sunset
TinaR10 commented on KeeLolo's status
1 hr ago
CRSeaside commented on photo
1 hr ago
IndigoIris commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
1 hr ago