Anxiety Community
should i take Xanax or not ?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

should i take Xanax or not ?

after being diagnosed for anxiety disorder my doctor has prescribed me Xanax 0.25 mg .. i've read about it over internet that it makes you relaxed and sleepy and would probably lower your blood pressure.. but i already have a decent heartbeat of 60-70 bpm maximum with blood pressure between 100-110systolic .. and i am already feeling drowsy and sleepy YET very anxious and confused.. what should i do ? should i take xanax ? if i do will it cause any harm if i am already feeling drowsy and sleepy ?
Xanax good for those times when you feel anxious, but should not be used daily on a long term basis, depending upon your needs.  Because you are otherwise drowsy and sleepy, it would be good to look into the reasons behind that as far as your sleep pattern, etc.  
I'm drowsy sleepy because of sleep deprivation .. but i am also depressed and confused (disoriented) .. so what should i do.. :(
Are you in therapy?  Drugs only treat symptoms, not the cause, and can't talk to you about coping mechanisms.  As for the Xanax, it's effects will differ by the person -- if you're really anxious, it might give you more energy by tamping that down, but when it wears off it can make you drowsy.  But the above post about not taking it regularly is spot on.  
Xanax literally saved my life 5 years ago , I was also on the lowest dose which is what you have and it honestly won't really make you sleepy at that dose , use it when you need and and then eventually I just kept it with me as a the placebo effect, so I know it's there if I needed it.  If your having trouble sleeping it will help with that as well. I highly recommend it
mishymoshymarcy I will NOT sink. Marcy come... Comment
RT93 joined this community
Welcome them!
Me
3 hrs ago by RT93