Anxiety Community
shoulders hurt so bad..

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

shoulders hurt so bad..

my shoulders hurt so bad that i wany to cry..
That could well be because you carry a lot of weight on them. Can you say more?
I'm having a bad day.. my dad is addicted to pain meds and i'm responsible for him now sence his overdose in march.. and he is driving me crazy.. my son has a fever for no apparent reason.. I had to quit my job, so now i never get out of the house.. (the house I hate) I feel like this is going to be the rest of my life and i am barlely hanging on to any sanity i have left..
It is clear you are under a lot of stress right now, I'm so sorry to hear that. Can you go for a walk? If its not too hot where you are, grab your son and take a short walk around the block, the fresh air might do some good. If not, try to find some time to take a hot bath.

Bad days suck, I know this....but they pass and tomorrow is a new day.

As always, I'm here for you..

Crystal
you poor girl, i feel for you. stress can cause alot of physical pain. i have back pain most of the time myself. try taking a couple asprin and put a heating pad on your shoulders. i hope you feel better. take care. remar
No WONDER your shoulders hurt -all that weight, just as you've described. I'm not kidding about this -the burdens of life, especially the ones that seem so insurmountable, often present in the very same sense of fatigue you'd have from literally carrying heavy sacks on your shoulders all day long.

Aspirin, heating pads, a walk around the block? Yeah, sure, no question. Maybe someone nearby can also administer a nice massage. But let me put another arrow in your guivver, if I may:

Figure out, in your own mind, what the best is you can do under the circumstances. That does NOT, by the way, include actually fixing anything -because, if you could do that, you would have done so already. So, in other words, given all the things that are actually POSSIBLE to do -what is the best you can offer? You don't have to tell ME what it is, but get in straight in your own mind.

And whatever that is, DO it, to the very best of your ability. At the end of the day -and at the end of every day, you will be able to see yourself in the mirror and know you gave your honest best. And that's all you -that's all anybody- can do. This will NOT remove the burden. But it WILL make you stronger and better able to bear it. Will you be fatigued, tired, exhausted? Yup. But it will be the weariness that comes of labors well and honestly pursued. And the walks, the aspirin and the heating pad (and maybe a small glass of wine)? Those, too, will help.

Now -get busy with this -and stay in touch.
mishymoshymarcy commented on mishymoshymarcy's status
Goldensong57 is ... Comment
melimeli Some people are angels! Comment
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms