smell burning
Hello
I suffer from anxiety..for many years. 3 weeks ago I woke up and smelled burned toast. I had my physical and told my doc about that and some tingling in my cheeks (is something I have always experienced when I am exp hi anxiety) and ear ringing (on occassion) etc. She is sending me for an MRI. Since then, I feel like I am CONSTANTLY smelling something burning, daily now. It comes and goes so fast that I am not sure if I actually smell it. Could this be my anxiety? Anyone experience weird smells and what did your GP say it was?
Did you doctor link the smell that you are smelling and suggest an MRI due to that?
Sometimes I get funny smells when I have a sinus infection, or I have a type of hallucination that involves only strange smells. There's a word for it but I forget right now.
i should clarify that my doc is very thorough and bc  i am anxious she always sends me for tests, and since there were a few symptoms i was describing, she is sending me, although she said another doc prob would not. i just want to know how common it is to smell things and if it related to anxiety at any way.