Anxiety Community
stress and epilepsy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

stress and epilepsy

hi could anyone tell me if post tramatic stress or anxiety will give a positive eeg as my test came back positive and i was told i have left temporal lobe epilepsy i cannot accept this as i dont pass out i only get feelings of stress or anxiety like tingling hot flashes ect i dont want to take meds if i have not got epilepsy i just want to know if anything else can show up positive on eeg thanks all take care.
Not everyone passes out with Epilepsy.  Some have a certan type where they just kind of zone out for 20 seconds or so.  I have a friend who has this type.  Unless you knew about it, you would never know that she was having a seizure. She takes medication to control them now, she refused to for a long time. Be happy that this was found before you had one while driving!  Medications, and other things can cause  seizures, this is not the same as Epilepsy.  Epilepsy is caused by an electrical discharge that can only be seen with an EEG. You still may be having symptoms of anxiety or you may be feeling the "aura" that many epilepsy sufferers experience just prior to a seizure.  I know you don't want to have this, but it is easily controlled, much easier than anxiety.  Take care.
I forgot to add that at one time I has anxiety to a point of actually passing out, even biting my tongue while out, which all pointed to Epilepsy.  I had an EEG done and it was normal.
thankyou for your help and advice im sorry to here your anxiety was so bad i hope you feel a little better now at least. i know i have stress and anxiety but when they done the eeg and said i had epilepsy i thought no way and i still think it i only had the test because i had tingling in my face that was ten years ago i still get same tingling now all over with other symptoms of anxiety and i take the epilepsy tablets they dont make any difference thats why i wondered if you get abnormal eeg though anything else thanks again and take care.
You may have two things going on, epilepsy and anxiety. If you are young it would be well worth having another EEG done because a lot of kids outgrow this.  If it still is showing epilepsy ask if your symptoms are part of it or do you need to seek help with your anxiety.  I can see where the confusion comes in, and even if you are diagnosed agin with epilepsy it would be worthwhile to speak with a psychiatrist reagrding your symptoms.  Take care!
thanks again for getting back to me im in my 50s so i think its a bit late to grow out of it now but i wished it would go away i could not sleep last night with my heart pounding and tingling everywhere i have had 3 abnormal eeg take care.
USDA Approves New GE Corn and Soy, ...
50 mins ago by gymdandee
TinaR10 commented on photo
1 hr ago
TinaR10 commented on photo