Anxiety Community
teeth aching badly-scared out of my mind!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Here I am again folks,

Last night my teeth actually woke me up out of a deep sleep because they were aching so badly.  It was like someone was blowing a blowtorch with cold air coming out of it on my teeth.  Of course I went to the web and found out that your tootache could actually be a sign of heart disease......so I almost hyperventilated thinking that I was indeed having a heart attack.  I mean I having been having many more pains lateley and feeling nauseated.  I am just a complete basketcase this week!
And to put icing on the cake, I am coming down with a cold-ugh.  

Now I have been to a cardio, done the stress test and the echo, but of course in the back of my mind I am thinking that something has come up since those test (which was last summer) or they missed something.  I am not kidding, this has become so debiltating.  Some days I can make myself believe that it's anxiety, but most days I really do believe I have some disease-mainly heart disease.  Since I suffer with heart palps it just makes my fears seem more real.
Okay, and then I suffer with pain in my calfs at times, so blod clot is naturally what comes to mind.  I have an appointment with my PCP on Monday and I'm about to call my dentist to make an appointment.  Tell me, am I being obsessive about my health, am I losing it, am I really sick?  I don't mind honesty, even if it hurts.  I am just tired of being like this 24/7.

Sorry for the "woe is me"  post.
Woe is me, schmoe is me. That's what we're here for, cupcake, and you flatter us with your honesty and courage. If people stop saying what is in their minds and hearts, we need to close up shop.

Now, I have no clue about what the pain in your teeth might mean -but I'm wondering whether you were grinding them toegther so much that you've actually made them hurt. I'm a big grinder myself -and had no idea of it- until the dentist commented that I had ground away a lot of the enamel. So, I wonder if an oral exam might be helpful. I see you've scheduled one. Good girl.

Please update us with the result of the evaluations. Meanwhile, relax. An entire community is with you on this.
I would like to say...ANXIETY.  I believe that you have all those symptoms...but you (and me) make them so much worse by thinking about them ALL THE TIME!  It is good that you are following through with the doc's, but try to put it all in perspective...It isn't serious and you are fine....try to think positive (Yeah, like I do!  LOL)
thank you both for your post.  I swear some days I feel like "where is the nearest bridge!"  I'm joking, but you know what I mean.

LOL, Suzi-q, I do the EXACT same thing....give all the advice in the world, but can never take my own.  You know how they say Doctors make the worst patients....well, we are kind of the same way, just not with the MD behind our names :-)

I love this place, don't know what I would do without it.  
Please know your not alone with the aching teeth.  My teeth have ached to the point that I asked for a root canal, got it, and it didn't stop the pain!! It cost alot of money and I didn't get relief, talk about frustrating!!   I also grind my teeth and my dentist says the nerves get all flared up, that's why they hurt.  When you see the dentist and if this is the case with you, you should ask for a nightguard, it works wonders.  

Good luck, I love this place too.
Wow, I wonder if that is what it is.  I have to go for a sleep study in February, but in the meantime I am going to the dentis on the 22nd of this month for the pain.  I went to a neuroligist for headaches and she seems to think that I may be grinding my teeth at night and not even know it.  But I will tell you this, my anxiety is so bad that I chew on stuff (nothing gross) I mean wads of stuff and I think that COULD have something to do with it.  When you mentioned "nerves get all flared up" that is what I am guessing may be the problem.  I am petrified of denist from a bad experience as a child, so there is no way I am getting a root canal :-)  Thanks for the info.
I also hate the dentist because having my teeth messed with, even a cleaning is like nails on a chalkboard.  My dentist offers "nitrious gas" (not sure of the spelling) and it's a life saver.  You are completely aware of what's going on, can respond to questions, you just don't care and don't feel any pain.  It's the greatest thing ever!!  However, some dentists don't offer it. Oh and the root canal was nothing like the horror stories I've heard.  I kept asking, is this all there is to it?  It was painless and afterwards, the pain was no more than what I deal with on a daily basis.  Maybe try some advil for the pain while you're waiting for your appt. and I'm glad my comment was helpful to you.

Feel better

Hi I just wanted to say I'm glad you posted my tooth has waken me up at night several times but I think I have an abscess and now I am afraid it might have went to my brain I am freaking out thinking I may have a brain abscess now. I am having my tooth pulled tomorrow though so I'll quit worrying. You have given me courage now knowing that I won't have to feel the pain but it's worth it once so the pain will go away.

Hope you feel better
gymdandee commented on How much arsenic is i...
42 mins ago
jgrubb75 commented on 5 year old son diagno...
1 hr ago
10356 commented on onthefence's status
1 hr ago