Anxiety Community
testicle tingling & anal pain

A community of people with Anxiety offering support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

testicle tingling & anal pain

I have had many years dealing with anxiety. I was diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder. I tried many types of meds but nothing seemed to give great results. I finally was able to stop the meds on my own. To cope, i just avoided situations and stress that i knew would be a problem. But i still find myself dealing with symptoms from time to time. I seem to have the physical symptom more than actually mentally feeling the anxiety.  Im starting to believe that anxiety manifests itself physically before you feel it mentally. I seem to have no control over my physical symptoms. I dont usually even feel anxious in my mind at least not at first. But when my physical symptoms start, its difficult to stop or slow down. I get the tingling in my testicles which i think is adrenaline which then my testicles start shrinking preparing for the fight or fight reaction. My biggest problem or pain is in my anus. I will start to have multiple bowel movements that are not usually getting more painful with each one. Eventually my anus will hurt so bad that the only way to tolerate the pain is to sit on a toilet for a bit. I cant lie down, stand or sit in a chair then. I become incapacitated for a few hours at least. This is very embarrassing to say the least.
When I have panic attacks or anxiety issues I always feel it physically first.  I get burning in my chest, nausea, and internal trembles.  As soon as I would feel the burn start in my chest, then the anxiety would manifest mentally as well.  Of course when I started menopause and had hot flashes my poor body did not know what to think.LOL  I would actually get anxious waiting for the other shoe to drop.  Occasionally I could talk myself down or work out until the symptoms went away.  Try exercising when you feel the physical symptoms.  That may take care of that extra adrenaline.
When you say pain in your anus, are you talking about an internal kind of pain, or more an irritation/burning with bowel movements?  If the latter, you could be dealing with hemorrhoids, which can be painful and are definitely exacerbated by moving your bowels.  Anxiety will cause an increase in the motility of your GI tract which a LOT of times will lead to frequent BM's and diarrhea....which would cause anal irritation.  Been there done that...Preparation H was my best friend for a long time.  ;0)

Your best bet is to be examined by your doc to rule out any kind of medical cause for your symptoms.  Especially with the testicular pain in the mix, there may be something that needs treated.  

Obviously you are dealing with anxiety issues (and have been) whether or not these other symptoms are present.  You need to seek some professional help to start addressing the anxiety.  Ever try and therapy?  Any other medications after you tried the first?  These are things to discuss with your doc..there are so many treatments out there for anxiety.

Best of luck...update us!
Ive been to many Drs. in the past when i had insurance. I know it comes on only when there is stress involved. I generally try to stay stress free. I was supposed to have a meeting with a business owner to discuss some internet media service i was offering. I am not used to meeting people and im not a salesman but i need to act like one i guess. I didnt feel consciously anxious because im really not afraid. However, my physical body seems to think im afraid. That is my biggest problem. I need to know how to not feel anxiety physically when i dont feel it in my mind. I used to think that one must be having the thoughts before one can feel it physically. Its almost like I have a mental anchor set that initializes me physically first, and then i start to feel it mentally as the sensations intensify. I hope someone understands what im saying here...
mishymoshymarcy every day is getting harder... Comment
Jade59 commented on clean_in_ks's status
mishymoshymarcy commented on mishymoshymarcy's status
Jun 26
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms