tightness in neck
I've been getting this tightness in my neck for the past week and it gets really irritating,it's tense and tight on my left side
and sometimes numb

idont know if its anxiety related becasue ive had similiar tightness in other parts of my body before due to anxiety.

should i get it checked out?

-bethany.
Anxiety and stress can definitely cause pains all over the body because of tension, but why not get it checked out by your doctor?  It is probably not that serious and he/she can help with the symptoms.  But my advice to people with anxiety; trust your doctor.  Keep us posted!
I had this tightness in my neck about four years ago. One day I felt it spreading to the entire left side of my body and ended up in the ER thinking I was having a heart attack.  It was really just a panic attack.  I took Klonopin for immediate relief and zoloft for about a year and then taped off. I was OK for a few years but have been experiencing it again lately and am back on zoloft.  I'd get it checked to make sure there is not something serious, but it might just be panic attack/axiety disorder. Deepbreathing works, but so do meds depending on you make up
i get a tightness in my neck, it feels like I need to unbutton my shirt because its too tight or something, except i have no tight shirt on.