Anxiety Community
under the tongue

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

under the tongue

a doctor advised taking  aprazolam sublingually for quick relief from anxiety or panic attacks. Is this true?
Putting a Xanax tab under your tongue will help get it into your system a bit faster, but it still takes awhile for it to dissolve.
I have found that chewing the tablet, (which takes nerves of steel because of the taste) into a fine powder, mixing it with your saliva then put that under your tongue for a few seconds, then swallow it.
Please be aware that even this method will not stop an anxiety or panic attack already in progress, but it will bring some relief a little faster.
I wish someone would invent a Xanax inhaler for use like folks with asthma. Just maybe if you caught the attack in time, perhaps it would abort it, or at least lessen the time we had to endure it.
Peace
Greenlydia    
Hey, I heard after many years of suffering through mega panic attacks...often while driving in heavy traffic....that I could have gotten relief faster by letting tab disolve under my tongue.

But have to agree with Greenlydia....once the attack has even a slight grip...you will go through it ...maybe with slightly lessened anguish.

Whatever we do...the trick is to nip it in the bud..difficult unless we are certain of triggers.  Of course what I do to get out and accomplish whatever I need to do (if I'm a bit low or fatigued or anxious), is to take a bit of clonazapam before setting out.

The inhaler sounds like a great idea!
I had heavy one this morning. Not panic, but severe physical symptoms - anxiety, shakes, dizzy, nausea, intense malaise in legs stomach  shoulders, head etc .I took .50 Merck Alprazolam  under the tongue and it took an hour to clear these demons instead of 20 or 30 minutes - becasue they had already got a grip on me. But even so...I got out of it.. I've been well all day. I'd have thought that chewing, salivaing and then swallowing would defeat the purpose? Sublingual goes straight into the blood stream; swallowing means it has to go throuht the stomach process and lining, no?
anyway, thank you both. You have resolved a doubt. Bless
mishymoshymarcy commented on mishymoshymarcy's status
Jade59, and 10356 commented on Jade59's status
Jade59 commented on msdelight's status
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms