Anxiety Community
weird episode

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

weird episode

Hi I'm a 21yr male I had a strange weird episode see if anyone has had this please somone let me know. I was walking outside with my wife and daughter all of a sudden I feel lost and dizzy I start heading back home very panicked and confused I felt derealization and I completely lost it I was walking back and forth feeling glitchy I could speak walk move everything it felt like I was glitching tho from one room to another and my legs and head felt heavy I couldn't focus think concentrate on anything I just kept saying I'm dieing or I'm going to die over and over at a very high panic state this lasted 10-15 min then it all went away but after that I have bin feeling derealization 24/7 almost and I keep getting twitches all over and my neck would get tight and I will get chills on my arms this episode happend like about a month ago and I still feel like this I don't know what to do I went to my doctor he said my depression and anxiety are back and that's what happened before the episode I was stressing alot might it be that?
In my humble and non-medical opinion, I'd say your doctor is 100% correct. They ARE back. It can be the nature of these disorders to go into a sort of remission, sometimes for years and we think we've beat it, then out of the blue, or what we perceive as "out of the blue," it returns. I think it comes back when there is undue stress in our lives or something tragic happens, but those are just my thoughts. I don't know if there is a medical explaination or not.
Apparently you've been through this before, so you know what to do. I trust your doctor started you on medication(s). Did you utilize therapy during your last episode? If not, you might give it some thought now. Meds can really help, but they just mask symptoms, it takes therapy to find the cause and lead to the cure.
Take care of yourself.
This too shall pass.
Peace
Greenlydia  
Thanks alot yes my doctor did put me back on my old meds abilify Paxil and buspar they gave me weird and strange symptoms I feel very hopeless and lost what I hate the most I's the mental confusion I can't think its very hard too I can't focus or concentrate I spend most of the time looking up symptoms and I end up scarying myself with cancer, dimentia (dementia) all sort of stuff I guess my anxiety is so severe that it makes me feel like I'm dieing don't know if somone else can relate to this some times I just feel like crying because I was so happy before now I'm just a big mess.
you need to stop dwelling on your symptoms.    I know thats difficult when you are in a crises but you must try to think positive----go for a brisk walk  and best of all  try to meditate.    Deep breathing and visulaization is also great for anxiety.  . We have to be grateful for the wonderful things in our lives
Hi, I'm sorry for what you are going thru...I can relate to all that you're describing.  I myself have anxiety and it's been over a year since I've had it, the first few months for me was really bad, I had no appetite to eat, was afraid to be alone, and like you said looked up symptoms and made you scared, I too had those feelings...especially thinking that I was gonna die, but I couldn't let that take over my thoughts even thou it was hard to control...I am married and have 2 children (7 and 3 years old), they are who I focus on, they are my strength.  I know it's hard to focus like you said, but I need to try and think about ur child, start praying, don't let anxiety beat you, I know you can do this...therapy is another key to feeling better, talking it out with someone face to face helps, at least with someone that understands why you're going thru.

Hope whatever I said helps you out a little...take care and god bless, always pray, I've become a prayer since my anxiety, it helps.

God bless,
Julz
Thanks for your comments makes me feel a bit better that I'm not alone this anxiety stuff is very scary that's for sure I'm trying to hang in here this weird derealization is 24/7 still its driving me crazy I feel like I'm in a fogg can't do much and I can't be alone I think it came back 3 times stronger this time I thank all of you.
Hey man, I've had feelings/episodes like the one you described. I don't feel that derealization feeling as badly as I once did but I do get slight moments in which I feel like I'm in a dream state or that someway I don't belong in the current setting. But when it first hit me months ago it was really bad. I would end up crying and hudled up in a ball. I wish I could do something to help you and everyone else on here out. But I don't have the magic cure. All I can do is give you my support and listen to you if you ever need to talk. Add me if you feel liking talking to someone that's your age and is going through something similar. I think we can be alot of help.
TinaR10 21 weeks today. 6 more week... Comment
8 mins ago
Thin4Freedom really wishes she had more ... Comment
1 hr ago
IndigoIris commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
1 hr ago