Anxiety Community
weird feeling, dizzyness, brainfog

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

weird feeling, dizzyness, brainfog

hi

for the past 10 months i have this constant light head, slightly dizzy weird feeling with brain fog.

it all happened in a day, i woke up feeling run down, weak and light headed, went to drs, they said its probably viral. anyways, i've been living with it ever since, i've got no other symptoms, im happy even while im like this and i dont think its anxiety or depression could it be anxiety? im not paniking, or feeling any kind of fear.

the only thing i have noticed is when i tilt my head side ways slightly i feel slightly better, but when im straight it just feels light headed, like im walking on clouds sometimes.

i do suffer from fatty liver, which i believe is on the way to recovery from my last check,  i have back problems due to a whiplash injury that i had, just get back pains at times.

anyone have any ideas what it could be? is it possible an ear problem even?
While the symptoms of dizziness, lightheadedness and feeling "weird," CAN be symptoms of anxiety, since you don't have any of the other classic signs, I'm thinking it's definitely time to revisit your doctor for a much more thorough exam of what's going on. Living with those symptoms for 10 months would cause most of us to feel anxious!

If you see your GP and he/she can't find anything wrong, and this would be AFTER a really complete blood panel which would check your thyroid and fasting blood sugar levels..........please ask to be referred to a specialist. That could be an EENT (Ear, Eye, Nose & Throat) doctor, or a neurologist.

You know that none of us here are doctors and we cannot diagnose you, but I'm thinking it's possible you may have some kind of chronic sinus issue, an inner ear problem, a visual disturbance...........any of these could cause the symptoms you're having. Not that GPs aren't capable, but sometimes it takes a specialist to locate deeper issues that a GP just isn't qualified to diagnose.

And please have a specialist rule out any physical problems before anyone says your anxious or depressed and want to put you on medication. THAT diagnosis should be the absolute LAST possibility on the table before you start meds.
I hope you'll let us know what they find out.
Peace
Greenlydia    
thankyou soo much for the reply, i will deffinately take your advice, yeah i think i feel more frustrated then anxious, i dont think waiting and time fixing the problem is the answer, so will go  back and ask for a full check, many thanks
I agree that you've given these issues more than enough time to resolve on their own, and it's also not a real good idea to leave something untreated for too long. I don't want to scare you, but something that was treatable/fixable can morph into something that is now not. Time for the big gun docs to have a look see. I seriously don't think this is an anxiety problem.........I think your GP missed something.
Keep us posted.
Peace
Greenlydia
kbug1013 Hello Everyone!!!! Comment
1 hr ago
once in a lifetime experience
1 hr ago by kbug1013
MightyNole commented on New GMO