Anxiety Community
weird feeling in chest, short of breath...maybe

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Hello-

Since yesterday I have had a weird feeling in my chest.  I don't think it's my heart palpitating, but then again I'm not sure.  I have been kind of freaked out  because it feels as though something is rattling around and then I feel like I can't catch my breath real good (not sure if that part is just in my head).  At first I thought my heart might be beating funny; however, I am so obsessed w/my heart that I had to make myslef calm down and take my pulse.  I didn't feel it skipping or beating fast, but I'm still concerened.  

It's so hard to explain.  It almost feels like when you have a chest cold and you rattle when you breath...that's they way I feel.  It comes and goes, but it still has me pretty anxious.  I was afraid to go walking yesterday, but I made myself.  Of course by the time I get home I don't notice it anymore.

Does anyone know what I'm referring to?  I have also been feeling a bit "foggy" which may be due to anxiety.  I sometimes experience chest pressure also.  Ugh, I feel like Alice in Wonderland :-)  Any comments would be very much appreciated.
Hi there, I'm pretty sure that everything you are experiencing is due to anxiety. I had similar issues and ended up having a chest xray, an mri of my chest, an ekg, and wearing a heart monitor for 24 hours. Everything was fine...it's truly AMAZING to me that stress and anxiety can have serious physical affects on your body. It's great that you are successful in pushing yourself to do things (e.g. going on a walk) and not letting anxiety run your life. If you continue to be concerned about this, I would just go to your doctor so they can put your mind at ease, it's not worth being stressed out!
Good luck!
I have been having anxiety and panic attacks for over a year now.  Just lack week, I had this weird pressure in my chest/heart.  My attacks had always been a feeling of "doom" and a need to get out of where ever I was...but, this was the first time my heart felt weird.  I felt my pulse and freaked when I felt it "skip/miss a beat.  So, I go right to emergency thinking I am having a heart attack.  They kept me for about 15 hours...all my EKG's, chest Xrays, blood tests, heart monitors...were all normal.  I take Xanax..between .5 and 1 mg per day, depending on how I am feeling.  The docs want to do a couple of other tests...but, so far they say my heart is fine.  But, I guess I need to convince my brain of that.  I hope this helps to let you know that you are not alone.  I don't know what your life is like, but mine is full of stress.  I am in law enforcement and own an up and coming business that will be worth millions very shortly.  So, I try to tell myself that once I leave my regular job, things will get better and I can once again feel good.
jugglin commented on photo
14 mins ago
TTinKKerBBell commented on recovering please wai...
57 mins ago
jemma116 commented on photo
1 hr ago