weird taste in mouth during or before panic attack anyone?
Does anyone ever get a weird metallic like taste in their mouth when an attack is coming on or happening?
Yes, its all part of the deal, remember that no two people suffer the exact same symptoms although many of us have similar experiences.  I guess to say treat like a warning light would be to flippant.  Hope you can get it sorted.  God Bless you in your healing journey.
Thnx!!!
Very common !!!
Dont stress
YES!!  I hate it!  I told my husband that it tastes like I'm sucking on a penny or something!  My docs say its common with anxiety.  Hope this helps and that you felt well today.

Cori
Thnx!! makes me feel better!!!
Does anyone taking prozac have weird feelings, like your in your body but not? bizarre! It drives me crazy!! Anyone??
OMG - I had that last week when I had my huge panic attack.  Metallic taste while I was having it. Someone told me it was excess adrenaline or something.  Weird.
thats not excess adrenaline, atleast not if its most the time... if its more than a rare frequent event it could signal that your brain isnt handling all that seretonin its floating around in. Id report any out of body feelings to my doctor at the earliest convience..

*much respect*          Jenn
Sterange, I've got this matallic taste, It seems  to be more prominent when I exhale. My food taste better, i feel better and seem to have more energy and I'm happier. I reduced my intake of tea drinking three weeks ago and took to drinking fruit tea's with no milk or  added sugar (you know, Twinings fruit bliss) I've reduced my bread eating to about 4 slices per week and stopped eating potatoes, all this in an effort to loose weight.
This taste seems to have started after these dietary changes although i do remember this strange 'happy' taste from the past. I do smoke and drink 4 pints of guiness a week, any idea's or explanations... Steve...
I too have the metallic taste in my mouth But I also get a weird feeling like my mouth is coming out of a dental freezing. I usually start to get it before an attack then intensifies as the attack does.  Then my mouth tastes like I just ate 12 pop cans (and I am not a goat lol)  
I have attacks almost everyday for the last 2 years.  Due to my adverse reactions to medication. I do not take anything,  I find this taste  blessing and a curse.  It a blessing because the taste tells me lets me know that an attack is starting an I can meditate to keep it somewhat under control.  The curse is the feeling and taste in my mouth.  
I have both a weird smell and taste appear.  I suppose I could say it's "metallic" but, I cannot explain what it smells or tastes like exactly; because, I have not experienced  "anything" else that smells or tastes quiet like it in order to compare it too; but, if I "had" too compare it to something, then the best I could come up with would be a "metallic" smell / taste.  However, it use to smell and taste exactlly like burning wires or rubber; but, not anymore.  It's closer to metallic now.

Sometimes it lasts for hours or even most of the day.  It can occur daily for days or weeks at a time, or go away for days or weeks at a time.  

The thing that seems to help relief it sooner than later, is when I lie down and take a brief nap for approx. 20 min. or so.  

Sometimes, sneezing will set it off while using certain spices, like black pepper or, using certain chemicals to clean the house, hair sprays, sometimes bending over, sometimes not, etc., etc.  

There are times when I have this symptom (like yesterday) that I actually feel much better than normal when it happens!  And at other times, just prior to the smell and taste, I feel very shaky / hyper / anxious on the inside; but, once the smell/taste comes the shaky/hyper/anxious feelings goes away "immediately" and then I'm just left with this annoying taste and smell for most of the remainder of the day.

I've experienced this very frequently .....  for approx. 20+ yrs. now.

i always get sharp tastes in my mouth and smell or burning from anxiety i think, but im scared that it might be epilespy as you get those symptons and.. i get weird sensations starting from my head then shoots down my body then leaves mehh.. then i have pannic attacks... not all the time this happens but is it normal??
I am not sure if my experience is the same as anyone else but thought I would mention it anyway!!
For the last month or 6 weeks, I have been getting a funny taste in my mouth it tastes like rubber and I get this strange sensation that my tongur has swollen up to a ridiculous size even thought it hasn't changed in size or appearence not sure if any of you have ant insight but thought I could try
Saz460