wellbutrin for GAD?
I just wanted to know if anyone is taking or has taken Wellbutrin for anxiety? And if it worked or not? And if it had any negitive side effects? Any feed back would be much appricated!!
I tried it a couple years ago.  I have GAD and depression. It didn't help me at all and I ultimately stopped taking it because it made me extremely angry and irritable..screaming at the TV announcers during the olympics like a madman!  :-)
It does help  many people I hear and is usually combined with another antidepressant for full effect.  
Give it a try...screaming at the TV is one of the minor side effects I've ever had!  Good luck.
Wellbutrin isn't recommended if anxiety is the primary problem.  Wellbutrin is a stimulating anti-depressant, so if anxiety is your main problem chances are it will just make it worse.  It's often added to an ssri to counteract the sexual and weight gain side effects, but this is a pure anti-depressant, not a combination depression and anxiety remedy unless depression is the source of the anxiety.
Agree with the comments by McMahon and Paxiled.  Wellbutrin may work well for people with depression but not anxiety.

When I was put on it, I had to take Xanax and finally Soma to keep my anxiety and muscle tension under control.  In defense of my doctor, my diagnosis was depression w/anxiety.

In time it became apparent that my problem was severe anxiety: agoraphobia and generalized anxiety disorder with panic attacks.

So....I cannot endorse Wellbutrin.  I believe many like it as it may have less of a negative impact on the libido.